PDA

View Full Version : Getting a SAC card at Fall National

Richard Belles
09-18-2014, 04:07 PM
I have a Mississippi that I put a Hoyt .54 caliber barrel on to replace one of the Bernadelli .58 barrels that were not approved due to a bolster issue. I will have it at the Fall National and need to know when I can get it inspected so I can get a new card for it.

Thanks,

John Bly
09-18-2014, 06:05 PM
The SAC office is open Wed, Thurs and Fri from 9 to 11 AM in the Hocker-Hughes building just across the main Bridge to the range. If you can't make any of these then find a member of the Small Arms Committee and they can inspect it almost anytime for you. Since it is a Mississippi and there are many variations it would help if you know which variation you have to speed up the process.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
09-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Richard,

Was the Mississippi a Bernadelli Mississippi?

If so see:

See:

http://n-ssa.org/files/2014approvedarms.pdf

Then:

http://www.n-ssa.org/NATIONAL/2014%20Rules.pdf

Section 19.7.2

P.Altland
09-18-2014, 06:52 PM
I have a similar situation. I converted an approved Zoli Mississippi to a Type E with a Whitacre barrel. It doesn't appear that the Zoli was approved in that variant. Does that require an inspection or are all variants covered under the production approval? I'm a little unclear reading that section.

John Holland
09-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Mr. Altland,

The Production Approval only applies to the arm in the configuration in which it was approved. Any modification from the approved configuration requires a SAC Individual Approval Card.

If you are able to do so, you may bring it into the SAC office at the 130th National for an inspection. If it meets the requirements you will receive your SAC Card on the spot. If it does not meet the requirements, you will be issued a Temporary Conditional Approval which will permit you to use the arm in official N-SSA matches until May 1st, 2015. At that time the corrections must have been made. At any time you make the corrections, you can make arrangements with any available SAC Inspector to have the corrections verified. The SAC Inspector will then send the verification to the SAC Chairman, who will then issue you the permanent SAC Individual Approval Card.

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, SAC

P.Altland
09-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Mr. Holland,

Thanks for the well explained response. Was exactly the clarity I needed. I will stop by for an inspection at the 130th.

Richard Belles
09-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the information, I will stop by at the National and get a card. It is one of the Bernadelli Mississippi's that did NOT have the W on the bolster which is why I stopped shooting it.