PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting hitch'd so some things gotta go. Muskets and uniforms.

Smokin' Joe
08-29-2014, 10:03 PM
I am getting married. No I am not leaving the sport, but she ain't cheap!...

Muskets for sale:

Harper's Ferry Model 1842 dated 1845 SOLD!
Cut down to 30" ready to be finished as a "Macon Conversion." Barrel was rifled and rear sight removed a long time ago. Rifling is decent, but that doesn't matter as she needs a new barrel to be run in smoothbore comp. She needs front and rear band retainer springs. Everything seems original, save for the front band which seems to be an old reproduction. The front sight is steel and not brass.
Nice deep Harper's Ferry stamp with date, eagle is a bit faded, and action is strong! Missing a little wood near the tang area.

Navy Arms Zouave $400
Stock was stripped and a BLO/Turpentine/Beeswax mixture was applied. Good shooter, needs taller front sight. Good with Hodgdon/wad-cutter bullet. She had maybe 50 rounds through her before I got the rifle, along with a dog... I put 30 rounds through her. This gun has had under 100 rounds through her total. The original owner had the rifle since the late 70's/early 80's and done nothing to her besides strip the stock. She was bone dry when I got her but has cleaned up nice. Great for a starter who wants to stand out with a pretty rifle!

Robbins and Lawrence Mississippi Rifle dated 1851 $1400obo
Needs front barrel band retainer spring. Bore is useless, but metal seems to be in decent condition. Solid steel ram rod. She was likely bored to .58 cal. then stored somewhere. Wood has an old wrist repair and a little missing in the usual hammer/nipple area. Great candidate for rebuild. 1 lock screw is from something else and is stuck into lock plate. Minor pitting on lock and barrel. "Ro-" and "La" are very faint, Windsor VT. 1851 is good. Action needs to be cleaned but decent. I was going to get her in working order with a new barrel. But I'm finally tying the knot instead.

Navy Arms Zoli Mississippi Rifle $600
It looks like she has had very few rounds put through her. I never shot her. Seemingly untouched. Should be a decent shooter and good candidate for defarbing. Metal is in great condition. Barrel is browned and lockplate and hammer etc. are blued or case hardened with little to no wear. Pretty much looks brand new.

Euroarms Enfield $600 obo
Beautiful 3 band Enfield. Glass bedded with a trigger job, she shoots well with wide based bullets. I just prefer the Model ’61 platform... Musket is in great shape. Just a nice typical Enfield.

Clothes:
Dark Blue pants size around 38/40 inch waist. Well constructed. $65 obo Worn twice for living history.

Dark Gray pants size around 40 inch waist. Well constructed. $65 obo Worn twice for living history.

Light Gray pants 44 inch waist. Good condition, never worn. Some staining on fabric on the interior fly area, but nothing unsightly when worn. $65 obo

White and blue striped suspenders. Button type. Worn twice for living history. $20 obo

White broad suspenders. Button type. Worn twice. $20 obo

Blue plaid shirt. Worn a couple of times for living history purposes. Size large/xlarge. $20 obo

Nice confederate artillery kepi. Gray with red artillery band. Size X... Made by "The Depot Shepherdstown WV". $35obo

I am willing to group some of these items together for a package. I am more than willing to help those get into the sport and newbie's will have priority. I have been blessed by so many N-SSA members; it is the least that I can do!

I am mostly looking for cash. I need to pay for the wedding somehow, and I need powder... No comments on eloping please, it ain't happening. I'm doing this once and I'm doing it right. Besides, she encourages the sport, likes guns, and is a good shot. She is just too damn tiny to hold a musket of any size...

I will be around, so I can meet you at the fort if interested, or at Nationals. I do have pics of everything and can send them via email.

Joe
radioactivejoe@hotmail.com

Muley Gil
08-30-2014, 08:27 AM
"No I am not leaving the sport, but she ain't cheap!..."

None of them are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bilge water bob
09-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Joe
what does the inseam measure on the dark blue pants?
congradulations on getting married.
Bob

Smokin' Joe
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Inseams:
Dark Blue pants: 31"
Light Gray pants: 28"
Dark Gray pants: 29"

Mikec71
09-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Is the Enfield still for sale, any pictures?

Smokin' Joe
09-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes it is.