PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Pedersoli sharps parts?

jonk
08-26-2014, 09:09 AM
So I have a Pedersoli 1863 sharps carbine. I would love to have a spare mainspring, tumbler, etc.; but no one seems to have the parts. I'm told VTI does, but all they list is the complete lock- for $375. Hell for that I could buy a whole new gun (well, darned near) and I don't NEED a whole lock. I mean, why would I ever need a new plate, hammer, etc., which are the 'big buck' items in that purchase?

Any leads? Anyone know if any other repro or original parts would fit as it sits?

jonk
08-26-2014, 09:26 AM
As a side note, Dixie has the parts for their Dixie repro (which is one Italian company or another I forget) and they say "Will fit originals." Well... maybe. But for $22 for a tumbler, that's a hell of a lot cheaper than anyone is going to be asking for the pedersoli part, it might be worth buying to see if it fits.

jonk
08-29-2014, 03:05 PM
FYI for those following- VTI did have a limited number of non-catalogued parts for the Pedersoli, including the parts I wanted; they weren't cheap, but I know they (should) fit; in case anyone else wants the same. Tumbler, fly, and mainspring (the parts most likely to give grief, and those I didn't have spares for) ran a total of $98 delivered.

Des
08-31-2014, 11:56 AM
I needed a part for a Pedersoli Springfield. I was unable to find one in the US. VTI did not have it and did not know when they would come in. I sent an E-mail to Pedersoli in Italy ( address on their website). I received a reply the next day stating they were looking for the part in the US for me. The next day I got another email stating the part was not in the US but to give them my address and they would send me the part. About a week later the part arrived from Italy and no charge for it. Now that IS customer service!

Des