PDA

View Full Version : What model Mississippi's are .54 caliber

B-Davis
08-12-2014, 03:03 PM
I have been thinking about starting a new project, and I have been considering building a model 1855 Harpers Ferry two band rifle with the long range rear sight. Before I commit to building this rifle, I would like to know which variants of the Mississippi Rifle were/are legal for competition in .54 caliber. I have several .54 caliber moulds, and would like to work with those moulds and a new rifle. I would also like to build something that is unique.
I am not familiar with all of the Mississippi Rifle variants, so I am open to all suggestions on the 54 caliber variants. I am sure John Holland will know, and I would greatly value input he may have to share in this question!
thanks,
bryan Davis

bobanderson
08-13-2014, 07:29 AM
I just went through the list of approved Mississippi variants and saw that every model but one, the Type F, is approved as a 54 caliber.

I built a Mounted Infantry version last year and it is a joy to hold and shoot. Your regional SAC inspector should be able to provide you with the specs (there are too many to list here for my limited typing skills).

Failing that, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you.