PDA

View Full Version : Korean made Zouave?

threepdr
06-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I saw a 1863 Remington repro recently that was marked "Korea" and "Replica Arms Inc, Ridgefield NJ" on the barrel. THe quality looked good.

Anyone have experiance with these? Will they shoot straight and do the parts interchange with other brands?

THanks

ms3635v
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
If it is the same Replica Arms Inc. that I am thinking of, the company originated in El Paso, TX. It was bought out and moved to Marietta, OH. The company was eventually purchased by Navy Arms. I don't know who currently owns the company.

WV SCROUNGER
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
The last place REPLICA ARMS was located was New Martinsville WV,
OPERATED BY VAL FORGETT.....
I never have seen one stamped KOREA.....
It could be radioactive !!!

RangerFrog
08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Call or write Val and ask him. Either he or his personal assistant ( a nice lady also named Val - but this time short for Valerie) will probably answer the phone in person. Both are great folks and very helpful.

Froggie

08-20-2009, 12:29 AM
I have only examined one of the Korean made Zouaves by Replica Arms, but the quality was very poor! Rifling in the barrel had lots of chatter marks, and the lockwork was poorly fitted, terrible trigger pull, and of such poor quality metal that it couldn't even be worked on to improve it. If this one was any indication of their general quality, then steer clear (unless you're just a reenactor).