PDA

View Full Version : Need some .45 long Colt stuff

Terry Schultz, 10057
07-16-2014, 10:48 PM
I am in need of some .45 LC bullets and or brass. I only need about 20. I am going to use them for decoration on a gun belt that I am using for an amateur theatrical performance. I have a .45 LC seating die that I can use to assemble the cartridges but I don’t have any brass or bullets. There will not be any powder in them they are just for show. If you have some bullets, brass or whole cartridges you are willing to part with please contact me at t.schultz5@roadrunner.com
Terry

Tom Magno, 9269V
07-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Terry, you might be able to get away with reforming 44-40 to 45LC for your 'show' purpose. If you plan to chamber them in a revolver, you should not have any trouble, but in a rifle, the rim of the 44-40 is about .020 smaller, so may or may not extract well in a .45LC rifle. But it will work in a pinch if only for show and not loaded.

Terry Schultz, 10057
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Tom
I was contacted by someone on the board and they are going to send me some bullet and some brass so I can put them together. They are going on a western gun belt just for looks. I will not be trying to chamber them in any gun. Thaks to everyone that responded but I am all set.
Terry

bobanderson
07-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Had a cowboy rig for a while and filled the loops with "show" ammo. Leather loops corroded the brass casings badly. Might want to spray them with clear lacquer to keep them shiny.

Terry Schultz, 10057
07-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Had a cowboy rig for a while and filled the loops with "show" ammo. Leather loops corroded the brass casings badly. Might want to spray them with clear lacquer to keep them shiny.

Good idea, I will try that.