PDA

View Full Version : John Hall Gun collection for sale

GrandmannsGu
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Dear History buff and CW collectors.
For the past 25 years my late husband and I have collected the Guns of John Hall. The purpose of our collection was two fold,
one was we were fascinated by the technology of these weapons and second it was a great way to put funds in a safe place for our grandchildren to go to collage. When my husband passed away a few years ago I became sole custodian of our collection. It is now time to turn it back into cash as the oldest grandson will soon be going to collage and I must get busy selling the collection. If any of you should be interested please feel free to e-mail me for a complete list at zjprudi@gmail.com.
Please forgive me if anything I have said here in inappropriate, I do not usual use this type of communication.

tonyb
06-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Anybody else think this sounds like a scammer?

stevierayvaughn
06-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Looking at this non-members profile, the only information there is the join date........24 Jun 2014.........and then this post same day.................?

I am sure the association and members reap some benefit from non-members and it helps share our wonderful sport, but a couple of questions.

1. Do they pay to use the forum. My dues and shooting fees in some way support this site. Not talking about a lot of money but even $10 would sort out a lot of opportunists.

2. Why such a skimpy profile on a totally unknown person. A known member of a team, in a uniform, a campsite or just one friends knowledge of the person will give you complete confidence in the transaction. We have all taken checks or sent things in the mail to a member on a team with full confidence it will be a good experience (mine anyway).

3. I can understand former members who are now inactive. Maybe they need a class of membership of their own.

4. Certainly this person could finish up their profile, provide a phone, address and prices in a post and instantly clear up this concern. Or not be heard from again.

SRV
1st Fla Cav.

jonk
06-26-2014, 09:49 AM
I would like to think she's on the up and up, and just an elderly lady who isn't computer versed or used to how things are done on the board. However, if that's the case, I can't imagine she's going to be in any shape to ship guns and follow all rules associated- or for that matter, provide quality pictures needed for over the internet sales.

If she IS on the up and up, I would strongly encourage her to consider simply consigning the guns for auction at a reputable auction house, taking in to a gun store on consignment, etc. I see she's in the MW area; I won't name names, but there is an auction firm in Burton Ohio that would be a good asset for her to look into, and a store in Lodi Ohio that deals heavily in black powder guns. She won't get quite the top dollar that she would selling on her own, but it would be the easiest way for an elderly, non-computer savvy person to deal with this.

And if it's a scam, well... I've bought stuff from non-N-SSA members before on the board, but usually they had a higher post count, were former members, known vendors, had good pictures and descriptions, SOMETHING. So yeah. I'd stay away from this too, as it sits.

That said, if she IS in the MW and in the northern Ohio area, I'd be happy to go over and look at what she has to verify all is on the up and up.