PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a Comblain? An unusual request...

Tim Lyne
05-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Folks:
I have a "shooter grade" Brazilian with no buttstock. I'd really like to craft an accurate duplicate of an original but have had no luck in either finding one to measure or even anyone who owns one...

If anyone here has one, would you be willing to either: Take some detailed measurements and e-mail them to me, or: drag the thing along with you to Nats next week and let me gently fondle it for measurements?

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V

**"Gently fondle" applies only to the firearm.

Jim Strang
05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
That would be a gen-u-ine Comblain, no butts about it??

Tim Lyne
05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Yep it's a bone-a-feedie! No butts about, on or near it!

Looking forward to seeing you next week Mr. Wordsmith!

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V

RaiderANV
05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Timmy,
ya mean this critter ;

http://www.militaryrifles.com/Brazil/BrazComb.htm

Tim Lyne
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
That is indeed the one. I have lots of pictures and can kindasortamaybe get measurements in the ballpark from enlarging them on the 'ol office copier.
I don't reccomend it though; ya leave just one copy of an antique firearm in the copier and the next thing you know you're sweating under a sunlamp in some Homeland Security office fighting off the effects of Sodium Penathol. Sheesh! What a day that was...

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V

Tim Lyne
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
To all who have responded publicly or privately:

I'm a little concerned about the Membership at large. I appreciate your collective interest in the phrase "gently fondle", and yes, somewhat flattered as well, but I gotta tell ya....you're creeping me out.

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V

RaiderANV
05-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought I saw email contact info for the curator in Brazil? Maybe you could get the info direct.