PDA

View Full Version : D P Richmond musket

MR. GADGET
05-21-2014, 09:02 PM
http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-prodotto.asp/l_en/idpr_349/rifles-1862-richmond-richmond-1862-type-iii.html

any thoughts on this gun?
What I read they are better than most of the other repops.
Not many people selling them in the shooting world, and some reports on the other Enfields are real shooters.

anyone have one on the line?

Curt
05-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Hallo!

IMHO...

They are essentially Euroarms parts just assembled with better attention to fit and finish, and better Quality Control. Hence, the bump up in price.

In response to decades old "complaints" for greater authenticity or historical faithfulness, Pedersoli took over EuroArms, and are now offering what they call a match competition grade barrel on their Enfield line. I have not paid attention, but I do not think they did the same for the "Springfield/Richmond" line.

Curt

MR. GADGET
05-22-2014, 09:38 AM
That is what i wanted to know. Did not know if they were doing better barrels or not.

Blair
05-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Jon,

Yes, DP is doing the Match Grade Competition barrels on all their CW line, called the "Silver Line".
My best,
Blair

MR. GADGET
05-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Jon,

Yes, DP is doing the Match Grade Competition barrels on all their CW line, called the "Silver Line".
My best,
Blair

I don't see the Silver line listed in the link.
Cabalas has them on sale "the richmond" and I have no clue if it is normal or match grade.

Blair
05-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Jon,

I don't know what link you are referring to.
DP, did buy parts from Euroarms (before Euroarms folded). These were completely finished and fitted out by DP to a much higher degree of quality.
Since the buy out of Euroarms, DP has devoted a great deal of effort into making improvement on the old Euroarms products DP has chose to resurrect.
Some of the older made arms and a few of the newer ones maybe be available from several of the major imports.

Pierangelo Pedersoli was at this past Spring Nationals, albeit, for only two day.
One of the things he found out was a greater need to improve their information/advertising package.
Dixie Gun Works hosted Pierangelo. So, DGW maybe the best place to get the most current info on DP arms. However, I doubt very much any of this will be in written form as of yet. The alternative I would suggest is to e-mail DP with your questions/concerns, I have found them to be very good about responding.

FYI, DP shows the same attention to details on all their barrel making as they do on the "Silver Line".

MR. GADGET
05-22-2014, 12:50 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Traditional-Rifles-Shotguns%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104641380/Pedersoli-Richmond-1862-Type-III-58-Caliber-Musket/1389474.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3F N%3D1100202%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BBRprd1389476&WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd1389476%3Bcat104641380

This was the one I was looking..

Plus I can get about 200 of that price.

Blair
05-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Jon,

Should you be able to pick one up for $200.00 less than the suggested retail price... buy it!

Most N-SSA Sutler/merchants have been doing this for years.
It has helped keep the price of repro's rather low over the years.

It wont decrease the price of DP arms, it only decreases the amount of profit Sutler/merchants might or could make.
But that choice is up to them.
My best,
Blair

Curt
05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Hallo!

Is it just camera angle in that ad shot, or do the barrel band springs look too low?

Cur5

MR. GADGET
05-22-2014, 09:00 PM
We will see. Got one for less than 600$.

Rebel Dave
05-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Mr Gadget
PM sent.

Rebel Dave

Blair
05-24-2014, 12:33 PM
For those wishing to e-mail DP, here is the address
www.davide-pedersoli.com (http://www.davide-pedersoli.com)

Much of the info will become available very soon through the Italian Firearms Group (IFG)
This is a group of four Italian Firearms Manufactures that has just opened a new import/distributorship here in America. As this new companies contact information be comes active and available, I will post that info here.
My best,
Blair

MR. GADGET
05-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Please remove thar link I'm getting all types of.spam and pop ups if I click on. It. Something is going wrong...

Southron Sr.
05-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I have never understood the "Logic" of buying a 3 band Rifle-Musket for Skirmishing.WHY HANDICAP YOURSELF????

With a Three Bander you have an EXTRA SIX INCHES of barrel you have to push a Minie Ball down to the breech and then an EXTRA SIX INCHES of barrel you have to withdraw your ramrod from WITH EVERY SHOT!!!

In addition,the two banders like the Mississippi Rifle, the Enfield Naval Rifle have SHORTER STIFFER BARRELS...Which [with all other things being equal] are better conductive to accuracy.

Look at the pictures of the teams that win the Nationals....usually the members will be holding TWO BANDERS..that right there should tell you something....

PEDERSOLI BARRELS

They have perfected the art of making Accurate Barrels. Pedersoli Rifles often win the 1,000Yard Muzzleloading Matches held at Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Obviously,they make very accurate barrels!!!

MR. GADGET
05-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Cause we can, cause it is a want, not a need. .
plus maybe just cut it down like the last.
Also shooting paper, don't worry with the extra length.

what about all the smoothbores most shoot three banders.....

BTW I have several two banders I can shoot if needed.

Rich Foster
05-24-2014, 04:21 PM
It is the shooter holding the gun which can make them be good or bad shot. You must have never stood next to a 3 band musket shooter that is not missing. It would not matter how long your gun or how many bands it is if your missing your shots. It is how many misses a team haves that keeps them from the top not how fast they load. Rich

Muley Gil
05-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I have found that I can miss equally well with a 3 bander or a 2 bander. :o

Jud96
05-25-2014, 12:49 AM
I first started out with my Dad's 1858 Parker Hale Enfield that he originally started out with back in 1982. It still drives tacks but I liked the feel of his newer Armi Sport 1853 Enfield so got one for myself. I actually shoot the 3 bander better and that extra 6 inches of barrel is steadier for me and is a benefit because my sight radius is much longer. I am equally as fast at reloaded with the 2 bander as I am to the 3 bander so reloading isn't an issue. The statement about the shorter heavier barrel being stiffer is irrelevant to skirmishing. If we were shooting bench rest with high powdered rifles that matters, but for offhand shooting is is up to the guy pulling the trigger and what he prefers. I believe the winning teams shoot what they like and prefer, and that happens to be 2 banders. Besides, the 3 banders are more historically correct for the Civil War. Not very many units packed around '41 Mississippis and 2 band Springfields. Haha

Blair
05-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Here is another contact point for Pedersoli,
info@davidepedersoli.com

I wont know where this will take you until I post this message.
My best,
Blair

Blair
05-27-2014, 12:53 PM
This is the mailing address for the new group I mentioned earlier.
It will become the "go to place" to get the most current info on DP arms. It will however take some time to get it all up and running.

Italian Firearms Group of North America (IFG-NA)
1619 South Kentucky, Suit B-210
PO. Box 2726
Amarillo, TX. 79105

A web site is in the works. As additional contact information becomes available I will post it here.
My best,
Blair

Blair
05-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I must apologize to Mr. Gadget for interjecting my input into his thread.
I thought it would be helpful info for all of the N-SSA membership.

I would be willing to remove/delete all such information within this specific thread, if the Original Poster and/or the moderating staff would like.
Should the Mods think this is best... I will be happy to start my own thread covering this subject material related to my postings.
My best,
Blair

MR. GADGET
05-28-2014, 04:22 PM
I must apologize to Mr. Gadget for interjecting my input into his thread.
I thought it would be helpful info for all of the N-SSA membership.

I would be willing to remove/delete all such information within this specific thread, if the Original Poster and/or the moderating staff would like.
Should the Mods think this is best... I will be happy to start my own thread covering this subject material related to my postings.
My best,
Blair

NO sir, not at all, never thought that anything you said was wrong or out of line.

There was a link that you posted when I clicked on it the link was bad and went to a spam location that started to open all types of stuff.
That was it, just the link you had posted.
I tried it from two locations and had the same stuff, must have just been a bad link.
You have always helped up and geven up front info to keep us on top of thing.

Nothing wrong here....
You are fine.

Blair
05-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Jon,
Thank you!

Just to let you know, when I tried the link. I got none of the problems you experienced.
The only surprise for me was that it went to Midway and not directly to D. Pedersoli site like I thought it would.
I often don't know where the link might go until I post it and then go back to check it out for myself. That is what happened here, and I apologize. But, the info may have prove to be useful to others which is why I did not remove it.

It will take some time to get all of this together.
I will be more that happy to try to answer any questions folks may have. Please feel free to e-mail me at btaylor18@cfl.rr.com
please note, I don't mind trying to address persons question here. (if this is ok with Mr. Gadget ?)
My best,
Blair

MR. GADGET
05-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Blair

Got the gun today.. Boy is it nice and a big step up from the others on the market.
The fit and finish is great and the bore looks better finished the. The euro arms or armi sports
got to get it to the range and see how it shoots but out of the box i have to say it is a step up from the norm.

Maillemaker
05-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Blair:

The link you provided is bad - it is a fraudster using a similar-spelling of the corrrect URL. It is giving alerts from our corporate firewall protection about being a verified fraud source.

You are linking to david-pedersoli. The correct URL is davide-pedersoli. Notice the "e" in "davide".

It is a common scam on the internet to buy a URL name that is very close in spelling to well-known URLs. They hope that people will mistype and land on their page. The fake pages are usually just used to earn click-per-link advertising money but they can be used for nefarious things also.

Here is the correct URL:

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com

Steve

Blair
05-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Jon,

It is actually quite hard to imagine just what the difference can be until you have one in your hands and can see what DP has done to improve them.
Photos generally don't do the modifications/alterations justice.
Hopefully with this new IFG forming, a greater attention towards these modification/alteration can be addressed in a better light than has been in the recent past
Pedersoli has told me they are working on this informational up grade as we speak.
My best,
Blair

Blair
05-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Steve,

The information I posted, www.davide-pedersoli.com (http://www.davide-pedersoli.com) came directly off of Pedersoli's catalog. Along with info@davidepedersoli.com.
They both work for me. ??
Use which ever one works best for you. Or, find and post your own contact info. (but, I see you have done that) I thank you.
My best,
Blair

Maillemaker
05-30-2014, 01:32 PM
The information I posted, www.david-pedersoli.com (http://www.david-pedersoli.com) came directly off of Pedersoli's catalog.

I can't comment on that, since I can't see the catalog. All I can tell you is the link www.david-pedersoli.com is not a link to Davide Pedersoli. It is a redirect to a search aggregator. If you watch the URL when you first click on the link it is rtbstream.com, and you are then redirected to an ad-filled page full of search results for "david-pedersoli".

If Pedersoli has a misprint in their catalog, you should let them know.

The correct link to the Pedersoli web site is www.davide-pedersoli.com. Note the "e" in "davide".

Steve

Blair
05-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Steve,

Thank you for the correction.
My apologize to all for providing the incorrect contact information. I have made the corrections.
Does this help?
My best,
Blair

Blair
06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
All,

Here is some new contact information for IFG-NA.

Justin@ItalianFirearmsGroup.com

Justin Dodd is the General Manager
Phone 800-450-1852
My best,
Blair

MR. GADGET
06-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Blair,

You know anything about how they are making the barrel and the breech?
In light of current questions about the breech on some other guns.

It looks like they use a breech plug on the barrel, that is something that the other guns like the Euro Arms Zouave and Richmond do not look to have.

If You look at some of the older Euro Arms guns the breech and the tang are all one piece.

Blair
06-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Jon,

To my knowledge DP is using the same breeching method on their Enfield types, M-1861's and Richmond's as Euroarms. (Barrel, bolster and breech plug)

Items like the M-1841 "Mississippi" Rifle, Remington "Zouave" Rifle and the J.P. Murray Carbine within the Euroarms production used the "patent" type breech where the bolster and breech plug are one and the same. (I do not like that system myself)
Pedersoli may have changed this to the three part type breeching system?
But, I don't know this for sure. I have not had the chance to examine all them for myself at this point. Had I had the chance to check them out, I would report it here.
Perhaps, you should ask this question of DP?
I hope this helps. If it does not, let me know and I will ask.
My best,
Blair

Maillemaker
06-15-2014, 09:15 PM
My Pedersoli P58 is just like my Euroarms P53. The bolster portion of the barrel is a separate piece from the barrel instead of being forged with the barrel. Then the tang/barrel plug screws into the bolster.

Steve