PDA

View Full Version : Model 1 Maynard - Daniel R. Sheetz

Don Branch 12592
05-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Is the Daniel R. Sheetz Model 1 Maynard currently in production? If so does anyone have contact info for the maker? Any experience or opinions of them?

Thanks
Don

RaiderANV
05-21-2014, 06:17 PM
I believe it was submitted last year. The one I saw was a really nice copy of the Model one right down to the the working tape primer. If you can get one you'll be more then pleased!

Don Branch 12592
05-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I believe it was submitted last year. The one I saw was a really nice copy of the Model one right down to the the working tape primer. If you can get one you'll be more then pleased!

Do you know the price or where to get one?

Scott Harris
05-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Don, Just remind me at the next shoot and I can introduce you to him. He's at most shoots at the fort. Good guy. Nice work.

Don Branch 12592
05-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks Scott!

RangerFrog
05-22-2014, 10:17 AM
The question is still on the table; is it actually in production? Also, what kind of price and availability could an interested shooter expect to face? As popular as the Maynard is in both of its types and original or repro versions. Inquiring minds...

Froggie

Kevin Tinny
05-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Was told that his phone number would be researched and sent to me. Haven't seen it yet. Perhaps Mr. Sheetz follows this Forum and will provide contact and other details.

Kevin Tinny

John Bly
05-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Mr. Sheetz is working on a few model 1 Maynards. One is for his brother and I don't know if the others are promised. I've helped him out with hammer and trigger blanks and I've got the barrels ready for finishing when he needs them. They won't be ready this year. He is a one man operation. He's retired and has a shop at his home and has other customers as well as being part owner in a business that consumes some of his time. It is best to try to contact him at a skirmish. He shoots with the 11th Va. Cav.

Don Branch 12592
05-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Mr. Sheetz is working on a few model 1 Maynards. One is for his brother and I don't know if the others are promised. I've helped him out with hammer and trigger blanks and I've got the barrels ready for finishing when he needs them. They won't be ready this year. He is a one man operation. He's retired and has a shop at his home and has other customers as well as being part owner in a business that consumes some of his time. It is best to try to contact him at a skirmish. He shoots with the 11th Va. Cav.

Thank you.

John Holland
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Mr. Sheetz was given a N-SSA Production Approval because he intended to make a few more Model 1 Maynards for family members, and his submitted example was as near perfect a copy as had ever been seen. This will permit him to produce them as he sees fit and not be required to go through the Individual Approval process for each one. As John Bly pointed out Mr. Sheetz does not run a production shop. In addition, he is not required to ever make any more replica Model 1 Maynards.

John Holland
Chairman, SAC