PDA

View Full Version : mississippi

bilge water bob
06-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Bernardelli 1841 mississippi is n-ssa approved?
thanks, Bob

kymmwilson
06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
dont know ,"but bilge water bob" has a certain ring ?? i'm liken it.

RaiderANV
06-05-2009, 01:10 AM
I've had two and both got cards many many moons ago. They are one of the best made and highest quality repro Mississippi's I've ever seen.

bilge water bob
06-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Thank you, I would have had a look in the "approved arms" dept, but my adobe reader has turned into frankenstien some how. If you hear anything else, please let me know, this is a beautiful rifle, never fired. The only thing I'm not likin' about it is that the barrel isn't crowned, at all. Very strange for such a well made weapon.
Thanks again, Bob

Fire18WFD
06-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Have the Italian markings been removed? If so will it get a card?

John Holland
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
The Bernadelli 1841 Mississippi Rifle is approved under the name "Gold Rush Arms" and must have a "W" stamped on the side flat of the bolster.

As for the "crowning", if you ever get to see an unfired original arm the crowning is done so that only the edge of the land is slightly beveled down to the edge of the groove. The groove is left square and untouched. The reason being the ball was a smaller diameter than the groove so there was no reason to crown the groove, just the land.

John Holland
Small Arms Committee

danajhanson
06-05-2009, 09:17 AM
On the subject of Mississippi's...has anyone ever had any dealing (good or bad) with a Hege Mississippi? I was unaware they were into the long guns, I thought revolvers were their game?

DJH

Mike McDaniel
06-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Don't remind me.... :(

The Hege Whitney story was a very, very painful (not to mention expensive) one. They shipped over an outstanding rifle for approval, got it approved.

The production guns were not as good...and took far longer to deliver. The N-SSA approval got pulled, but individual arms can still be approved.

Mine? The barrel is excellent, the trigger could use some work.

bilge water bob
06-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Sooooooooooooo, dooes anyone know what is keeping this rifle from being approved? I'd really like to find out so I could use it. Any info will be rewarded with a special, secret, unknown mystery surprize!!! :shock:

bubblehead
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
check the bolster to see if there is a "w" stamped on it the story that was told to me was that to be approved the bolster had to be welded hence the "w" if this is not true someone correct me (my lack of knowledge astounds me daily even after 19 yrs. of doing this :? )

(skirmishing that is i've been continualy astounded by my lack of knowledge for about 44 yrs. :wink:)

might as well have fun doing it cause your gonna have to do it anyway :D

bilge water bob
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks, that's what I'm being told by John Holland, looks like a replacement barrel. Thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou Lou
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Bob
Will you be at Chaplin this weekend?

bilge water bob
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
maybe saturday, although I have no idea were it is, I gotta check my emails from Buzz. Why? you got beers?