PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

Michael T.
03-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Looking for opinions on a sutler who doesn't come to the Fort.. Has anyone had dealings with Blockade Runner?
Opinions on quality of their uniforms please. Don't want this to become a place for gripes just some honest opinions.
Mike Hall 4th Kentucky Cav.

Maillemaker
03-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I am impressed with their Columbus Depot Jackets. There is some hand top stitching on them.

I stopped by there last weekend on the way to a skirmish and picked up a couple of shirts. They are Sutler quality with modern serged edges.

Steve

Rob FreemanWBR
03-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Michael,

I've had no dealings with Blockade Runner, so no personal opinons in that regard.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for a GOOD uniform maker (at reasonable prices) I suggest contacting Mark Elton w/1st Stuart (MRMK Sewing & Leather Work; (443) 742-0041, mark.alaska@verizon.net). He does VERY good work, to include kepi's and leather gear - everything he sells is hand made by him.

I have several of his items to include a sack coat and haversack. Everything he makes is tailored to the individual & made to last!

Hope this is of some use...

RaiderANV
03-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah,,,,,,not to belittle the blockade runner but Mark Elton does awesome work. I've seen many of his items and all worth more then the advertised price IMHO.