PDA

View Full Version : JRA Locks

Bob Seng, 10979
02-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Looking for information on who made the locks for James River Amory , as well as who made the internal parts as well (Sear,tumbler,sear spring and bridle). Thanks for any info

Blair
02-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Bob,

It is my understanding that JRA was importing many of their Rifle Musket parts (un-marked) directly from Euroarms in Italy.
These can be very difficult to find now.
My best,
Blair

rkaires
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi Bob,

If the JRA parts were from Euroarms try VTI (vtigunparts.com). They carry the new Pedersoli Enfield parts and they interchange with Euroarms and 2nd gen Parker Hale. I installed a tumbler and sear from them in my Euroarms P61. The parts are indistinguishable compared to the originals.

Regards,
Bob

Maillemaker
02-07-2014, 03:10 PM
They carry the new Pedersoli Enfield parts and they interchange with Euroarms and 2nd gen Parker Hale.

Note that the lock plates themselves will not directly interchange without fit issues. They are different.

I own a Euroarms P53 and Pedersoli P58.

Steve

geowilh39
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I have a JRA 1855 Richmond 2 band and it has a Euroarms lock. My 55 lock has Euroarms 1861 parts in it. They are getting hard to find. I needed a tumbler and ended up buying a the entire lock. From My understanding JRA sourced Euroarms muskets with unfinished Barrels. They reshaped the stocks to be more accurate with originals and the barrels were bored and rifled by Hoyt.

Muley Gil
02-08-2014, 08:11 AM
James River made two grades: one for reenactors and another for N-SSA skirmishers. The N-SSA grade had the Hoyt rifled barrels.