PDA

View Full Version : Intersted in the N-SSA Rings?

J Smith
02-06-2014, 02:39 PM
After a thread started on the N-SSA rings in the Around The Campfire Forum, I forwarded the link to Don Wortman who originally produced and sold the rings many years ago. He owns the dies and can resume production if there is enough interest. Here is the information that he asked that I post:

N-SSA rings were produced and sold by Don Wortman, former member 110th OVI.They can be made available for sale again if there is enough interest.For info contact:Don Wortman , email redeaglebw1@gmail.com, ph:830-367-4708 cell: 830-370-3434.

Please contact Don directly as my only involvement is to post his information for him.

Jerry D. Smith
Commander
110th OVI

RangerFrog
02-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Jerry, is this the sterling signet style or is it the collegiate style?

Froggie

John Holland
02-07-2014, 07:51 AM
I finally located the ring I purchased from Don, oh so many years ago! I didn't remember it quite correctly. It is the signet type. The body is stainless steel and highly polished. The ovate rectangular inset on the top is what is sterling silver. It is comprised of a Minie Ball superimposed over crossed Union & Confederate flags, with "N-SSA" in a concave arch below the Minie Ball. All-in-all, very attractive, not gaudy, and a pleasing male type ring. Now, if it would only still fit after all these years....
JDH

RangerFrog
02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks, John. There's nothing I need much less than another ring, but I'm thinking that I would be likely to purchase one of those if it were in my price range. I'll be watching for further developments.

Froggie

Fortitudine
02-07-2014, 06:13 PM
They were real nice, but very heavy.

rampa_room_artillery
02-07-2014, 10:52 PM
I would get one,

John Holland
02-08-2014, 12:30 AM
What I like about the stainless ring with the silver inset is that it is not heavy, and therefore it is a very comfortable ring to wear.
JDH

J Smith
02-08-2014, 08:23 PM
If you're remotely interested in the N-SSA rings, just drop Don an email and he will gladly reply with an attachment that shows photos of the rings, cost, and forms of payment. No obligations and he would be glad to hear from you.

Jerry