PDA

View Full Version : beeswax for sale at Natls maybe?

Jim Barber
01-16-2014, 10:56 PM
I have beeswax, filtered & clean. It's in (theoretically) one pound bricks, but after weighing, most are less than 16 oz. The weight of them varies somewhat, at least 12.5 oz. each.

$7/ brick, which works out to a shade under $9/lb. Anyone interested? If enough folks want some, then I'll drag a bunch down to Nationals. Let me know how many bricks you'd want & I'll have an idea how much to bring. Hedge against inflation! Invest in the gold of the future! PM or email me at jimmyangst(at)gmaildotcom.

Cheers!

Jim Barber
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Jack C., 69th NY
01-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Jim,
I'll take 3 bricks from you. We can meet somewhere at the Nationals.
Thanks,
Jack Conway
69th NYSV

I have beeswax, filtered & clean. It's in (theoretically) one pound bricks, but after weighing, most are less than 16 oz. The weight of them varies somewhat, at least 12.5 oz. each.

$7/ brick, which works out to a shade under $9/lb. Anyone interested? If enough folks want some, then I'll drag a bunch down to Nationals. Let me know how many bricks you'd want & I'll have an idea how much to bring. Hedge against inflation! Invest in the gold of the future! PM or email me at jimmyangst(at)gmaildotcom.

Cheers!

Jim Barber
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Muley Gil
01-17-2014, 06:24 AM
I'd like one or two.

RSiegel
01-17-2014, 08:26 AM
I'll take two bricks. I'll come to your camp site and pick up.

Rich Siegel
Gen. Sherman's Bodyguard

John Robey
01-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Jim, I'll take a couple of bricks. I'll get them at the first MW skirmish.

John

Great-grandson of Thomas Leonard Robey, who had three hundred bucks and bought his way out of the draft.

Kurt Lacko 7862
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Great offer Jim. I'd like 3 bricks. I'll be down on Thursday (Nats). I'll stop by your camp. Thanks, Kurt

Jim Barber
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks fellars. I'll have the goods. John, I reckon I'll see you at C-burg for the fun shoot, it'll be good to clear the cobwebs properly before Nationals!

Cheers,

Jim B.
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

RangerFrog
01-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Jimm,

I could use a couple of cakes of beeswax if any is left. IIRC the 110th camps not too far from 1st Valley Rangerville.

Froggie

Jim Barber
01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Froggie,

Sent ya a pm. We're just across the way from y'all. I'm arriving on Weds. afternoon, drop by or give me a call to track me down.

Best,

Jim B.
Grove City OH
110th OVI

Jim Barber
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm still taking orders for beeswax* brought to Nationals (or to anyone coming to the Centerburg fun shoot if you need it sooner) so if y'all want some & haven't placed an order, now's the time. As blabbed about above, it's $7/brick. Average weight is above 12 oz., so it works out to around $9/lb.

*This wax comes from free-range, cage-free, probably mostly-organic-fed bees treated in an ethical & sustainable manner. It's unlikely that any of them were fed bee-parts, cow-parts or GMOs-- not on purpose, anyway. The bees were fairly compensated for their work, with full health benefits and wages as required by whatever federal law and PETA standards apply to bees. Actually that last part may not be true. We took the honeycomb away from the bees, heated & separated the wax from the sugary goodness, and ran everything through a sophisticated filtering system to remove various bee-parts and filth. You'd be surprised how much scummy detritus these bees deposit in their own hives. Ugh. Anyway, the wax is very, very clean and filtered, at no cost to the bees.

The bees hang out in eco-harmony inside their hives, where their health and well-being are regularly monitored. They commute from place to place (via eco-friendly truck, trailer or van) to enjoy the robust food sources located by their employers and to perform their god-given role pollinating stuff. The bees are not charged any money for associated travel expenses. They are, as near as one can ascertain in these matters, very happy bees.

PM or email me if you'd like to order some & haven't already.

Email: jimmyangst(at)gmail (dot) com.

Jim B.
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Jim Barber
04-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I have a tally sheet, if you've already asked for some of the gold stuff, it's set aside 'til Sunday morning at Nationals (or Centerburg, as the case may be.) Anyone else needs some killer wax, I will bring the goods to Nationals. $7/brick, which is roughly 12 oz.+ So $9/lb or better. I will bring a few extra pounds, but please let me know if you need some so I can pack accordingly. If anyone wants an industrial-size order-- 50lbs or more-- PM or email me (jimmyangst(at)gmail.com) and we can haggle a little & arrange delivery.

Cheers,
Jim B.
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Jim Barber
05-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Really, really last call. I planned on bringing about 50#, but it's all accounted for in pre-orders. If you need pure, delicious beeswax & haven't ordered yet, let me know before noon Tuesday and I will add more to the load. $7/brick, they average 13-point-something-ounces. Not to sound like "Goldline", but the wholesale price has gone up & unless you're real close buddies with a beekeeper, expect prices across the board to go up considerably next year. I'm still locked in at 2013 prices for now, so I totally sound like a pimp for beeswax. I'd buy and hold if I didn't have to go buy a smoothbore, put brakes on the car, and generally find myself broke yet again. So what I got is what I got, except for my personal stash.

If you've not already ordered & need some, please let me know soon. I'll load more in the car!

Wax: it's the new gold.

Jim Barber
110th OVI
Grove City, OH
email: jimmyangst(at)gmail.com