PDA

View Full Version : Some help please.....

SteveG
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Mr. Holland and all;
If I may ask......is the following cap and ball revolver an approved firearm for competition? Pietta Model 1860 Army .44 Cal from Cabela's. I could not figure out from the listed firearms of the N-SSA if it is approved or not. I thank you for any help in this matter.
sincerely
SteveG

John Holland
01-05-2014, 12:51 AM
This revolver has not been given a "Production Approval" yet, only by virtue of it having not been submitted for such. I have made arrangements for this process to move forward at the 129th National, which is this Spring. Until then, anyone who has a Pietta Colt M-1860 Army Revolver may submit it to the Small Arms Committee for an Individual Approval.

JDH

Maillemaker
01-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Until then, anyone who has a Pietta Colt M-1860 Army Revolver may submit it to the Small Arms Committee for an Individual Approval.

How does that work? Page 2 of the Approved Arms rules talks about submitting the arms for Individual Approval to the Small Arms Committee but I could not find anything about who those people are or what the process is. Same thing for section 14.8 of the Rules.

Is this something you have to attend the Nationals to have done?

Steve

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
01-05-2014, 07:00 AM
How does that work? Page 2 of the Approved Arms rules talks about submitting the arms for Individual Approval to the Small Arms Committee but I could not find anything about who those people are or what the process is. Same thing for section 14.8 of the Rules.

Is this something you have to attend the Nationals to have done?

Steve

Steve, SAC (Small Arms Committee), has inspectors in every region that can do Individual Approval of Arms. The list of SAC inspectors by regions can be found on the "Rules & Forms" page. So you don't have to wait and have it done at a nationals.

Maillemaker
01-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Steve, SAC (Small Arms Committee), has inspectors in every region that can do Individual Approval of Arms. The list of SAC inspectors by regions can be found on the "Rules & Forms" page. So you don't have to wait and have it done at a nationals.

Cool, thanks.

Steve

John Holland
01-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Steve,

Here is a direct link: http://www.n-ssa.org/NATIONAL/SAC_Members.htm

There will be an update to this list posted in the near future.

JDH