PDA

View Full Version : 2 band Springfield

ms3635v
12-27-2013, 05:57 PM
John Holland,

After much deliberation, I have decided to build my 2 bander with a brass nose cap as was done by the Confederate Army...you have already provided me with the spec sheet, but my question to you is, what is the correct brass nose cap for this rifle? Thanks in advance.

John Holland
12-27-2013, 07:13 PM
The SAC will accept a Model 1855, Type 1 Rifle Musket, nose cap. Please do not confuse this nose cap with the Model 1855 Harper's Ferry Rifle nose cap, which is much different. The one you want is the same as an iron Model 1861, except in brass.

Thank you for asking.

JDH

SHARPS4953
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
John Holland,

After much deliberation, I have decided to build my 2 bander with a brass nose cap as was done by the Confederate Army...you have already provided me with the spec sheet, but my question to you is, what is the correct brass nose cap for this rifle? Thanks in advance.

Good luck with that, I built one last year, its the liightest 2band I own. The only problem I found was locating the nose cap..everyone was out of them so I made one out of an old CVA KY rifle nose cap. I found an original 1862 Springfield lock on EBay for $125...the most crisp lock I own.. Have fun with it!!

Scott Fisher
1st Maine H.A.

ms3635v
01-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the offer Harry. I ordered one from S&S the other day...it should be here in a day or so.