PDA

View Full Version : 12by36 sheldon lathe for sale

hp gregory
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
i have for sale a 12by36 sheldon metal lathe for sale. it comes with a 3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck, live center, tail stock drill chuck, tool post, and a set of collets and quick change for round stock. the hole in the head stock is 1 1/8 large enough for barrel work. it has quick change gear box and half nut for threading. it will cut most american threads. the lathe has its factory cabnet which has chip tray ans storage. the tail stock is number 2 morse. the ways are in great shape and there is practicaly no run out. the lathe comes with phase converter and will work off of either 3 phase or standard current. i have been the only one to use the lathe for 20 years and it has given me nothing but perfect service. 2500 dollars

hp gregory
434-401-0555 cell
gregory10ring@gmail.com

Chris Sweeney
12-13-2013, 04:18 PM
HP:

Model #?

Approx weight?

Does it have a taper attachment?

Thanks

Chris Sweeney
12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
HP;

Model #?

Approximate weight?

Does it have a taper attachment?

Thanks,

hp gregory
12-16-2013, 07:35 AM
it does not have a taper attachment. never realy had any need for one. always wanted one but they sorta get in the way. besides you can offset the tail stock and do the same thing. i would say the lathe weighs around 1500 to 2000 lbs. its very heavy made and needless to say there is no flex like the china made lathes. the lathe is very well tooled up. this machine hasnt been used in production and beat all to hell. its in very very good shape. i have a front end loader so geting it loaded on a trailer or pick up is not a problem

Chris Sweeney
12-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Sent you an e-mail . . .