PDA

View Full Version : Way off topic

B-Davis
11-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I know this is way off topic, but I am completely stuck and I am hoping some experts here can point me in the right direction. I have an elderly neighbor who's husband just passed and she gave me the only firearm her husband owned. Thier children do not want it.
It is a J.G.A. Sportbusche 22 caliber single shot rifle. I immediately thought it was a "garden gun". The more I research it though, it is not a garden gun.
The rifle is chambered for 22 long 2272 and ontop of the barrel it is 2273 arked "Original J.G.A. sportbusche". The rifle has a mannilicher stock with an inlet for 20 rounds. The lid is missing to the inlet.
It is a single trigger, but seems to be a set trigger. When you pull on the trigger, about half way through the pull, the trigger "sets" and becomes a hair trigger. The sights appear to be some type of standard military sight. The over all length is 43 inches. I have attached pictures.
Any thoughts or ideas! Anybody ever seen one? Any clue to value? Any help is greatly appreciated!
2274 I am sorry these pictures showed up all over the place, my iPad does not like me!

jonk
11-15-2013, 07:05 PM
While I don't know what it is, if you go to gunboards.com's forums and post in one of the German sections, I'm sure someone will have the answer.

le piaf
11-18-2013, 01:06 PM
JGA Anschutz is a german riflesmith ,today well known for his match rifle

Mike Stein
11-20-2013, 01:03 AM
So JGA is Jaeger GeWerk Anschutz? What are the years of manufacture for this model?

Ron/The Old Reb
11-20-2013, 08:25 AM
I do not know for sure if this is what it is, but the 2011 Standard Catalog of Firearms shows an Anschutz that looks like you rifle. They made five different models of it. Model 1451E Target, Description ( This is a single-shot 22 caliber target rifle fitted with a 22" barrel. Can be fitted with ether micrometer iron sights or telescope sights. Checkered pistol grip. Wight is about 6.25 lbs.) Discontinued in 1986
NIB 625 Excl. 500 V.G. 400 Good 200 Fair 125 Poor 100
But don't go by these prices.