PDA

View Full Version : Best BB Gun for my 5 & 7 yr old!

NJArtillery
11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm looking to get my boys started shooting the BB gun match, but I'm unsure of what style / caliber / brand / model to look at. I'd like to get them something to start practicing with a scope, and then graduate to iron sights. Any suggestions? Christmas is coming fast!

Eggman
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
I recommend the forearmless Daisy. It's excellent preparation for the Maynard later on.

Don Branch 12592
11-13-2013, 10:07 PM
The Avanti 499 champion has been recomended and sold by the youth program. It is a very acurate muzzle loading BB gun with an adjustable rear sight. Excellent gun.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Avanti_Champion_499/617

my daughter has shot it for two years and does fairly well with it.

Mike Stein
11-14-2013, 01:54 AM
I second the Avanti Champion 499 by Daisy. It's a single shot muzzle loading BB gun with front globe site (replaceable inserts) an adjustable rear peep and a sling. Drop one BB until it clicks to the magnet in the breech, cock, aim, squeeze. National BB championship is held in BowlingGreen, KY and the N/SSA tries to have a couple events at nationals as well. Check with NRA and 4-H. Use Google as there are couple of clubs that have published information on tuning the lock work.

propertymanager
11-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Your best avenue for BB guns is Fred Schell, the N-SSA youth program coordinator. He sells a few different models including the Champion for cheaper prices than I have seen anywhere. His phone number is available in the N-SSA directory and in some Skirmish Lines under committee chairs.

Tim

RaiderANV
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
You really need two guns. The Avanti get awesome for individual matches but you don't stand a chance in team matches against the kids with the forearms less Daisy's that hold like 400 rounds. They recock and fire way to fast. And as Eggs point outit'll prep yer kids for a Maynard!!

Fred Schell is the best place I've found to get the Avanti also.

NJArtillery
11-15-2013, 11:09 AM
What are these forearmless Daisys? Is this a modified Daisy 880 with the forearm removed????

Lou Lou Lou
11-15-2013, 01:45 PM
I went to Daisy.com The "Buck" is the only forearmless Daisy and it retails for $29.95. The Avanti is $139. Check out the website

NJArtillery
11-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks Lou, that's what I was looking for, not sure how I overlooked it!