PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about carbines

jonk
11-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I have an Armi Sport 1861 that has a serviceable bore, but just has never shot as well as some other guns. With the purchase of a custom Fayetteville at nationals and a back up Euroarms Enfield, I don't really need the Armi Sport.

I also have a Sharps Pedersoli, but would like a back up carbine.

So the question is, if I were to build a front stuffer out of the parts of the Armi Sport, what carbine length guns would be viable build projects with an 1861 as a start point, and what parts would I have to get?

Fauch125
11-07-2013, 10:06 PM
One suggestion would be a razeed Springfield Richmond carbine. The only additional parts you would need are a brass richmond carbine nosecap, and a carbine screw-in sling swivel. Both are available from Gator Den. The barrel would need to be cut down, then the stock cut down and reshaped for the location of the band, band spring, and nose cap. Finally, the new rear sling swivel is screwed into the butt behind the trigger guard. Will require a SAC inspection, so get a sheet before you begin and make sure everything is to specs.

Fauch125
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Oops. You would also need to have a pinched Richmond carbine front sight mounted on the barrel in the correct location.