PDA

View Full Version : WTB Spencer

ken s
10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm interested in buying a 50 56 Spencer Carbine, either original or repro. Any information on shooting and how good the reproductions are I'd appreciate it...Thanks...Ken

Chris Sweeney
10-20-2013, 11:41 AM
I have a 1865 Carbine that is one of many projects I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing, let alone actually shooting.

It has a large repaired crack in the stock, and a small chip missing at the buttstock. The bore is good, the rest of the metal is good. Included with it will be 50 pieces of never used brass, the original rimfire action block, a new S&S centerfire action block, and a set of Lyman 56-50 dies (Lyman sells shellholders separately and I never got around to getting one).

Asking $1300 OBO

Steve Weems
10-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I have a 1865 Carbine that is one of many projects I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing, let alone actually shooting.

It has a large repaired crack in the stock, and a small chip missing at the buttstock. The bore is good, the rest of the metal is good. Included with it will be 50 pieces of never used brass, the original rimfire action block, a new S&S centerfire action block, and a set of Lyman 56-50 dies (Lyman sells shellholders separately and I never got around to getting one).

Asking $1300 OBO
Chris--PM sent--Steve

ken s
10-20-2013, 07:34 PM

Asking $1300 OBO

Hi Chris. Can you send pictures of it please? kensantanello@comcast.net and where are you located? I'm in MA.....thanks...we'll talk...Ken

ken s
11-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Spencer bought, shot and love it....thanks Chris.... Great forum to find your Christmas Gift! Ken