PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy musket

funnydoc
09-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Starting to do reenactment and need a musket. All offers consider.

splash!
10-01-2013, 04:49 PM
I have an older euroarms P58 Enfield (2 band), modern markings have been removed. Bore looks good, but I have never shot it live (only blanks). Stock has numerous dings, bluing has been removed from metal, but it functions flawlessly. I can send pictures if you send me your email. confederate25@yahoo.com Asking $450 plus actual shipping.

Mike Stein
10-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Determine which unit you are going to reenact with and it's umbrella organization as the first will have what is acceptable and the other may have issues with 2-band muskets. Failing to do so may lead to expensive unhappiness. Usual go to musket for reenactors are the three banded '42 Springfield, '53 Enfield and '61 Springfield. Do your research, buy carefully, expect it to be a multi-year process in building/acquiring your impression, attitude is more important then stuff. Good luck.

Hickok
10-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Being an re-enactor maybe I can help. I believe one of the best rifles for this event is a good percussion smoothbore. The are historically correct for either North or South, and the smooth bore barrel is alot easy to clean and maintain. I myself think the smooth bore of these rifles is somewhat easier to clean than a rifled barrel. You wont be shooting any live ammo anyway, so a rifle barrel is not needed.