PDA

View Full Version : Miss Rifle Specs

SyLibby
09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the conversion specs for Miss rifles. I am working on converting four for my reenacting group and figured it'd be worth meeting NSSA specs as well. There is a unit in our area, Chicagoland, and a few of us are considering giving skirmishing a try. A couple of us did it years ago and we have some newer members interested in trying it again. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Scott Sheets

Joe Plakis, 9575V
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
The N-SSA Small Arms Committee has sheets for 12 different types of conversions when it comes to Mississippi Rifles.

What direction do you want to go in when converting these rifles? Let me know and I can send you the sheets after I get back from Nationals.

iron brigade
10-01-2013, 06:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the conversion specs for Miss rifles. I am working on converting four for my reenacting group and figured it'd be worth meeting NSSA specs as well. There is a unit in our area, Chicagoland, and a few of us are considering giving skirmishing a try. A couple of us did it years ago and we have some newer members interested in trying it again. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Scott Sheets

excellent to see others getting involved in skirmishing.
rebel Dave on the site here converts Mississippi rifles, infact I just bought a type F conversion from him. type D with the long range sight is the most popular I guess.

SyLibby
10-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Wow, didn't realize there were that many spec sheets. We are doing long range rear sight using the dovetail and a screwed down. Shortened front band, bayonet lug with no guide and rifle front sight. Not sure which version that would be. We are basing it off of originals we have had the opportunity to look at.