PDA

View Full Version : WTB. Springfield 2 band "artillery" forearm

Fauch125
09-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Looking for a forearm for a 2 band "artillery" model to restore an original stock that had been cut down into a shotgun just forward of the rear band. Would prefer an original as trying to keep the weight as low as possible, but am considering getting a dunlap. Need dimensionally correct but scratches, debts, repairable cracks not a problem. Should mention this is for a Norris and Clement, so 1863 type I w/o bandspring mortises would be preffered. Please contact me at
jonathan.faucher@verizon.net
Jon

Rich Foster
09-16-2013, 06:46 PM
S&S has forestocks with out bandspring mortise for $45 just call them and they will bring it to the Nationals. I have used both Dunlap and S&S. Dunlap will look like brand new. If you want one that does not have a brand new cut and will look more original go with S&S. Not saying S&S forestock is bad looking. I spliced a m1816 with a S&S forearm and almost sent it back when I noticed a little too much wood was removed from the middleband side of forearm and band was a loose fit but looked at a original i had and it was almost the same way. Gun turned out real nice. I also beat up the forearm before putting a finish on it and it looks just like the rest of the stock. Rich

Fauch125
09-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the tip Rich. Will look into it.