PDA

View Full Version : Guns, cartridges, molds, accouterments for sale!

ChrisPerry
09-14-2013, 12:26 PM
My grandfather, Fred Hines, a long-time skirmisher, passed away a few years back. I'm looking to pass his gear into the right hands for a fair price. I'm in Arlington, VA, so I would prefer to deal with someone in the NoVA/MD neck of the woods.

What we have:

- Smith's Carbine
- 1855 sword-bayonet w/ scabbard and belt
- 2 Zouave rifles
- 2 1864 Springfields
- Colt Army revolver w/ leftyholster
- unid socket bayonetw/ scabbard
- kit-built black powder musket w/ shoulder pouch full of caps and balls and powder.

- several molds for minie balls for the Zouaves and Springfields.
- An improbable number plastic cartridge casings
- several lead slugs about the size of a hockey puck
- several stacks of percussion cap tins
- multiple cartridge boxes full of complete cartridges

Honestly, I just cleaned out the garage and collected his workbench, so I've got literal coffee cans full of unwrapped balls for the Smith and the Zouaves. I don't even know how to accurately inventory what I've got beyond the rifles.

Contact me if you'd like to take a look.

K. Herrick
09-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Chris,

Check your PM and email

Fred Jr
09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
PM sent about things

RagnCajn
09-23-2013, 07:03 AM
My grandfather, Fred Hines, a long-time skirmisher, passed away a few years back. I'm looking to pass his gear into the right hands for a fair price. I'm in Arlington, VA, so I would prefer to deal with someone in the NoVA/MD neck of the woods.

What we have:

- Smith's Carbine
- 1855 sword-bayonet w/ scabbard and belt
- 2 Zouave rifles
- 2 1864 Springfields
- Colt Army revolver w/ leftyholster
- unid socket bayonetw/ scabbard
- kit-built black powder musket w/ shoulder pouch full of caps and balls and powder.

- several molds for minie balls for the Zouaves and Springfields.
- An improbable number plastic cartridge casings
- several lead slugs about the size of a hockey puck
- several stacks of percussion cap tins
- multiple cartridge boxes full of complete cartridges

Honestly, I just cleaned out the garage and collected his workbench, so I've got literal coffee cans full of unwrapped balls for the Smith and the Zouaves. I don't even know how to accurately inventory what I've got beyond the rifles.

Contact me if you'd like to take a look.

Chris....I'm not sure if replying correctly, but i'm interested in several of your items. JD

DLSHOVER
09-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Do you still have any of these items for sale still? Interested in the price of the Smith Carbine? Thanks

K. Herrick
09-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Chris,

I replied to your posting minutes after you posted items for sale. Please check your PM. You can contact me at
muskethead1864@yahoo.com or 847-650-1209.

Kevin