PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT - 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle

Walt-MT
09-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Hallo the Board!

I am seeking a repro 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle in flintlock not percussion conversion.(not Euroarms grade)

I can offer various repro CW rifles or muskets as trade or have some cash.

W A

Thanks for the pointer below Mr Holland. To clarify... preference is for a US repro over Euroarms/Italian. In my experience Euroarms appearance and function has been abysmal. I don't know about Navy Arms pieces. End use is for live shooting with youth education programs and for historical firearms presentations before the public. As this is an unfunded project, I am reaching out to the shooting community for assistance. Each firearm used in the presentation to date, including a Northwest Trade Gun, "Santa Fe" Hawken, 1841, 1842, Sharps Rifle, 1855 Springfield, Henry Rifle and more, has been acquired from historical shooting folks on the web. Good Quality arms and affordable price has been the hallmark of these transactions.
Many Thanks.

John Holland
09-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Are you looking for an original antique 1803, or a hand made reproduction that is not an Italian import?

Eggman
09-05-2013, 02:59 PM
My Navy Arms 1803 is a Zoli. Is that Euroarms grade? It's got a nice low rider rear sight rather than the Navy Arms "U" scoop. The frizzen is properly hardened and it has a proper touch hole liner. If you prefer an original I recommend you include a car 1998 or newer in the pot. Dick Kop (RK Lodges) used to compete with one.

oscarlovel
09-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I have both a Euroarms and a Zoli. Both are reliable and dependable, and could be bought or traded for, if you are interested.