PDA

View Full Version : WTS Parker-Hale 2-band Enfield with Whitaker Barrel SOLD!

csbutton
04-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Gentlemen, I have a mid-1980’s Parker Hale M1858 2-band Enfield for sale, equipped with a .577 Whitaker barrel, in excellent condition. I do not know if this is an English or Italian made gun, but the fit and finish of the parts is excellent. The stock appears to be a tightly figured walnut, and has been refinished with what appears to be linseed oil, rather than the original varnish. The barrel, barrel bands, and lockplate are finished bright, and are just beginning to dull (very slightly). They would polish to fine if you desire. The brass buttplate, triggerguard, and nosecap have developed a beautiful dulled mustard colored patina, but would also polish well if that is what you like. The bore is excellent to mint, and you might cut your finger on the lands if you are not careful. The barrel is fitted with the tall front sight for 50 yard shooting. A brass ramrod is included. I do not know if the action has been tuned or not, but the trigger pull is moderately light and smoooooth.

I bought this about a year ago from an elderly gentleman that purchased it in the middle 1980’s and claimed to have fired it only a few times. I believe him. I took it to the range once and (using a bench rest) fired groups tight enough to brag about using 45 grains of FFF powder and the old style Rapine three-ring minie, swaged to .577. Someone with better skills than I would really be able to take advantage of the quality of this rifle and Whitaker barrel. I just don’t have the time to shoot anymore, and a gun this nice and accurate should be in the hands of someone who can put it to better use than me. I am asking $775 plus actual shipping and insurance (approximately $25-$30, depending on where you live). E-mail me (csbutton@hotmail.com) with questions or if you would like to see some pictures. Thanks for looking, and have a great week.

csbutton
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Sold pending payment..thanks for looking, and thanks NSSA!!