PDA

View Full Version : Hege firearms

Dennis Kurowski 10555
04-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Does Hege have a US distributor? Has anyone dealt with Hege? I'd like to purchase one of their 1858 Remington BP revolvers in SS. Is this particular revolver N-SSA legal? Thanks, Dennis

B. Miller
04-30-2009, 02:33 AM
After Hege's last swindle with the Mississippi rifles I am suprised that any one in the N-SSA would consider a purchase. The SAC actually issued cards to skirmishers that purchased these rifles in good faith and recieved nothing resembling the pieces originally inspected by the SAC. There is still bad blood between Hege and some N-SSA members.
Bruce

Mike McDaniel
04-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Taking the questions in order...

No, Hege does not have a distributor. The last guy made off with considerable money (this is what Bruce Miller is referring to). Hege management wants him - as do I.

You order directly from Hege these days. I'd e-mail them directly.

Yes, the Army Match Maximum is N-SSA approved. You have to special order them, they aren't on the main Hege e-store. They do special runs every so often. Be careful...Hege also sells Italian repros. The Army Match Maximum model is the X-ring killer. Try http://www.waffen-hege.de/addons/new_products.html

As an option, I would consider a Feinwerkbau Rogers & Spencer revolver. That is also approved...and FWB has their name on it, their reputation on the line. Otherwise, you might want to consider a Pedersoli Remington and get a trigger job done on it.

Dennis Kurowski 10555
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Holy Mackerel! I didn't know. I will go the Italian repro route. Thanks for info, Dennis

Mike McDaniel
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Honestly, if you have the funds, get the Feinwerkbau. You won't regret it.

Jim Wimbish, 10395
05-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Okay Mike, you've peaked my curiosity on the Feinwerkbau. Who sells them in the US, how much are they?, and what load do they like?

Thx,

Jim

Eddie Bruner, 12222
05-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Jim,

The only US distributor is Brenzovich Firearms Training Center in Ft. Hancock, TX. They stock the Roger & Spencer. Price can vary with the echange rate, I bought one about 13 months ago and it was $2250.00 US. .457 Ball, 20Gr FFF, and a bit of filler will tear out the X ring if held correctly, which I rarely can do.

This is the tightest and finest relover I have ever seen.

Mike McDaniel
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Neil Stepp at International Shooter's Service has them. It's listed as the History #2 revolver. About $1500. See http://www.iss-internationalshootersser ... cials.html (http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/specials.html)

Jim Wimbish, 10395
05-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I stumbled across International Shooters Service this AM and contacted Neil. He had one revolver, but it was sold. Will have to order for anyone else who is interested. He will get back with me on the new price. 4 to 6 week delivery.

Jim

Jim Wimbish, 10395
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
The FWB Rogers & Spencer is now selling for $1,850 plus shipping from Texas. Pedersoli makes a Rogers that is supposed to be a match gun that is selling for around $1,1000. Is the FWB that much better?

Jim

Don Dixon
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Probably. The FWB is superb.

Regards,
Don Dixon
2881V

Jim Wimbish, 10395
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I did some digging on-line yesterday and concluded that there is some kind of overlap between the Rogers & Spencer revolvers sold by Pedersoli, Hege, and FWB. Apparently the Pedersoli Rogers is using some of the same parts as the FWB model and the Hege Rogers is made by FWB.

Based on the retail prices that I saw in Euros for the Hege and FWB Rogers, the prices that we are seeing in the states are quite inflated. I saw a price of 999 Euros for a Hege Remington and around 1,100 Euros for the FWB Rogers. Figure that dollars are worth about 30% less than Euros so the Hege Remington should go for about $1,400 including shipping in the US.

Based on these prices, it makes a lot more sense to get a revolver accurized here unless you just have to have the Hege or FWB. While their quality is outstanding, you can only do so much with the basic technology of the 1860's era percussion revolver.

Better bet for most of us is to stick with the accurized revolvers that are being customized in the US.

The Euroarms Rogers & Spencer revolver is a well made pistol. With some tuning it is quite a nice gun. If cost was no object, I might consider getting a FWB Rogers. However, I can't justify the extra $1,350 difference in cost over a tuned Euroarms Rogers any more than I can justify buying a Ferrari or a Porsche.

Jim

Eddie Bruner, 12222
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Jim,

You make good points, but after handling the FWB, you understand the price. Nothing locks up tighter or has less run out them the FWB.