PDA

View Full Version : Who stamps lockplates?

B-Davis
08-11-2013, 08:43 PM
To All: Since I have not been able to skirmish the past couple of seasons due to some family health issues, I have decided to work on building my own rifle. I am getting close to finishing my first build/project, a Richmond rifled musket Type 1-A. Now, the lock plate I was given, is a high hump with NO marks on the outside. What I need to finish the lock plate is to get the stamping done. I need to get the date of 1861 vertically on the back of the plate behind the hammer, and " Richmond VA" stamped horizontally in front of the hammer. There is no "CS" I the stamping. Does anybody know who could do this work and how much?Thank you for any help or leads!Sincerely, Bryan Davis

Maillemaker
08-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Todd Watts at Blockade Runner. Lodgewood also does defarb work.

Todd Watts had some personal issues so Blockade Runner had stopped taking defarb orders, but Todd says he is just fine so you might want to contact him directly. You can find him on www.cwreenactors.com.

Steve

John Holland
08-11-2013, 11:35 PM
You may be able to get James River to stamp our lock plate for you as they have all the correct stamps. But, remember, the SAC would rather you have no markings on a lock plate rather than incorrect markings.

GPM
08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I read on another forum Nick Brevoort is now making Richmond lock plates, he may be able to mark your plate.
I tried to get James River to mark a Palmetto barrel several months ago. They seem to have lost interest in Civil War arms.

B-Davis
08-12-2013, 09:27 AM
John, I tried to contact you via PM, but your mailbox was full. So, I would not need to have the lockplate stamped to have the rifled musket inspected? Bryan Davis

Bruce Cobb 1723V
08-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Yes, Small Arms would rather have no markings on it rather than the wrong ones. I have heard this said mant times. You do not need to have any markings on your plate to have it inspected before or after.