PDA

View Full Version : Unfired New in the Box Colt Match Target for Sale

parkranger
08-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Unfired new in the box Colt Model MT6601 Match Target 20" heavy target bbl with Colt cleaning kit, chamber brush and manual, original box.

Post ban - crowned bbl with no flash suppressor or bayonet lug so compliant in most states including NJ but probably NOT NY but check your local regs. to be sure. Comes with two Colt mags one five round one nine round.

Bought it a few years ago to shoot high power matches but it never happened so I figure I might as well get into someone's hands that will use it and use the cash for another blackpowder rifle or carbine.

This is a Colt not one of the copies.

Of course it must go to an FFL so make sure your FFL will accept a shipment from non FFL.

Guessing(?) shipping and insurance will be about $35.00 or so

Asking $1,100.00 or best reasonable offer.

email me at phantompirate49@yahoo.com for pictures and with any questions

Thanks all.

Park Ranger

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
08-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Negative Feedback!!!! PM for details or I'll tell you in person at the fort or call me.. If we are going to let non-members post we should have a section to rate them as buyers or sellers..

parkranger
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
RIFLE IS SOLD

The rifle needed to go to an ffl so the posting noted that folks needed to make sure their ffl would accept direct shipment. When I purchase something I make sure of this BEFORE I make contact so there is no question, seems reasonable to expect the same of others.
Asking price was $1,100.00 or best offer.
This gentleman offered $900.00. (For me $200 is a lot of money it is two days pay but OK.)
This gentleman did not check with his ffl beforehand and told me that he needed to do so. Seems a quick phone call to his ffl would have resolved the issue one way or another.
In the meantime another gentleman who HAD checked with his ffl offered the full price.
If I had not sold the rifle and the first gentleman’s ffl would not do the transaction I am sure he would have said “sorry” and rightfully so, BUT I would have already turned down someone who HAD checked and was offering the full price besides.
This fellow told me that he didn’t think $200.00 was a lot of money..I don’t know his circumstances so perhaps it is not to him but it is 2 days pay for me.
If he had everything set with his ffl I would have sold him the rifle…but he didn’t.

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
08-13-2013, 10:28 AM
I have the copies of all e-mails between us if anyone wants to see them e-mail me and I'll forward them to you. You can be the judge. As for me I hope this matter is over.

Jim Wimbish, 10395
08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Something that immediately struck me as wrong about this post was that the seller, who does not hold an FFL. was going to ship it to an FFL in the state of the buyer. A gun like this cannot be shipped by someone who does not hold an FFL. It must be sent from an FFL holder in one state to an FFL holder in another state. What this seller was proposing to do was illegal under Federal law. Many years ago I bought an old C&R rifle from a party in another state who did not hold a C&R FFL. To ship it to me ( I hold a C&R FFL) he had to use the services of an FFL in his state. This is how a transfer like this is supposed to work.

jonk
08-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Something that immediately struck me as wrong about this post was that the seller, who does not hold an FFL. was going to ship it to an FFL in the state of the buyer. A gun like this cannot be shipped by someone who does not hold an FFL. It must be sent from an FFL holder in one state to an FFL holder in another state. What this seller was proposing to do was illegal under Federal law. Many years ago I bought an old C&R rifle from a party in another state who did not hold a C&R FFL. To ship it to me ( I hold a C&R FFL) he had to use the services of an FFL in his state. This is how a transfer like this is supposed to work.Jim, I humbly submit that you are mistaken. While individual state law might require outgoing guns to go through an FFL (Ohio doesn't, that's all I know) Federal law is ok with it . From the ATF website:

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?[/h] A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?[/h] A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?[/h] A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Whatever else the merits of this sale, it is entirely above board to ship as a non-FFL holder to an FFL holder.

medbill
08-13-2013, 05:13 PM
It is perfectly legal for a non FFL holder to ship a long gun to an FFL an another state. A pistol has to go from FFL to FFL, not long guns. Some FFL's are falsely spreading this rumor so they can make more money. Look it up for yourself directly from the ATF or check the seller tutorial on Gunbroker. Someone beat me too it, check state law of course as well. Federally it is not an issue.

Don Branch 12592
08-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Something that immediately struck me as wrong about this post was that the seller, who does not hold an FFL. was going to ship it to an FFL in the state of the buyer. A gun like this cannot be shipped by someone who does not hold an FFL. It must be sent from an FFL holder in one state to an FFL holder in another state. What this seller was proposing to do was illegal under Federal law. Many years ago I bought an old C&R rifle from a party in another state who did not hold a C&R FFL. To ship it to me ( I hold a C&R FFL) he had to use the services of an FFL in his state. This is how a transfer like this is supposed to work.Jim - I don't believe this is accurate. An individual in Virginia can sell to an out of state buyer by shipping to an FFL...(with out using an FFL to ship it).Perhaps it is different in Maryland?

Maillemaker
08-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, I got burned on this once myself.

Anyone can ship a firearm to a buyer in another state. It only must be received by an FFL, so that it can be transferred to the buyer by the FFL.

I confirmed this with the BATFE office in Georgia and in Washington, DC.

HOWEVER, Some FFLs will not accept shipments from individuals. I do not know why. They must believe that it is required, or they are trying to make private transfers more expensive to discourage them.

I shipped a pistol to a buyer in another state to his FFL, and most shippers will require overnight shipping. So I paid overnight shipping, it got to the buyer's FFL, and they FFL refused it because it came from me and not an FFL. It got returned and then I had to pay shipping AGAIN through my FFL to get it to the buyer.

That is why the seller in this post told potential buyers to check with their FFL first and make sure they would accept the shipment from a non-FFL.

It is perfectly legal, but some FFLs are a pain in the butt.

Steve

cowrustler
08-13-2013, 06:49 PM
A private part can ship, via US Mail, a long gun to an ffl holder. Perfectly legal unless your state has laws otherwise which few do.

Jim Wimbish, 10395
08-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks for posting the correct info on this. I learned something new. Maryland has new restrictive gun laws in place and it is not legal to even purchase guns like this anymore. If you already have them, you are allowed to keep them. I guess that I was confusing the rules for pistols and rifles. I thought the pistol rules applied to semiauto rifles as well.

Muley Gil
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
"A pistol has to go from FFL to FFL, not long guns."

No, see jonk's post # 6. I have shipped, as a private party, a handgun to a FFL holder in another state, several times. As long as it doesn't violate state law, it is A-OK with the Feds. The FFL holder in the other state then transfers the handgun to the buyer.

You can also ship a handgun intrastate to another individual without going through a FFL holder, provided you use a common carrier (UPS, FedEx) and the person receiving qualifies (legal age, no felony record, etc). Again, this is OK with the Feds. State law may vary. Virginia is OK with it too.

I used UPS to do this four years ago. I printed out the Federal law AND the UPS regulations. I had to speak with several supervisors, but I got it done. Several UPS clerks were cheering me on by the time I was finished. :)