PDA

View Full Version : Henrys in NC

Eggman
08-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Henry guys check this out. Nasty stuff in western NC and eastern TN between Thomas's Cherokees and Kirk's boys. Kirk raided Confederate sympathizers, then equiped his men with Spencers and Henrys from the proceeds.
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,49249.0.html

Mike w/ 34th
08-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I had two ggg-grandfathers at the Last Battle in the East. One was in Thomas's Legion, the other was in the 2nd NCMI. Their children married after the war. I can only imagine that made for some rather tense Thanksgiving dinners in the Bennett household.

bilge water bob
08-07-2013, 08:51 PM
hey mike, I just ran down a ggg who was in Thomas legion as well. he was in walkers battalion/ 1st Tennessee cavalry company G from Jefferson county TN. I just got a copy of his parole papers last year. Alex is one of 3 rebels I tracked down in my family, the other two were from Missouri, one killed in Centralia MO. in 1864 and the other surrendered and paroled in Shrevesport LA. in may 1865. Got all their enlistment/desertion/parole papers as well.

R. McAuley 3014V
08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I had two ggg-grandfathers at the Last Battle in the East. One was in Thomas's Legion, the other was in the 2nd NCMI. Their children married after the war. I can only imagine that made for some rather tense Thanksgiving dinners in the Bennett household.

Cannot have been any worse that having both Regulators and Moderators in the same family!