PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1855 or 1861 Springfield

StonewallSharpeson
06-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello Skirmishers;

I'm looking for a lightly-used or like-new 1855 or 1861 Springfield for my Fed impression (15th US). I'm REALLY interested in a '55 as they can be readily converted to a Richmond and I see getting a working Maynard primer as a project.

I'm not interested in Indian guns, as I intend to live-fire these, expensive custom repros, or super-duper-defarbs that will run me $1200. A little defarbing is perfectly fine, but my price limit is going to be around what a new ArmiSport would cost.

I am also very interested in a bayonet and sling, and, possibly, a set of accoutrements, if available.

I'm a little strapped for cash, so the earliest I would be able to purchase a weapon is the end of the summer. That said, I'm really just testing the waters at this point, see what comes my way.

Thanks for the interest,
StonewallSharpeson

ian45662
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
have you checked with lodgewood. www.lodgewood.com They have some guns on their website you may be interested in

Zsdad
06-27-2013, 09:44 AM
If you're going to Gettysburg thus weekend lodgewood is a Sutler at BGA.John Coldiron2nd US Cavalry Co. A / 9th VA Cavalry Co. D