PDA

View Full Version : Want to make your clean-up a snap? Bring a tarp!

Maillemaker
06-20-2013, 02:18 PM
One of our team members had a great idea that really speeds up cleanup.

Bring along a cheap plastic tarp and lay it down under your frame. The feet of the frame will pin it to the ground.

90% or more of the target debris falls onto the tarp. When you are done shooting, two people pick up opposite sides of the tarp and then you fold it in half and let all the trash fall out the middle into a trash can. You can pick up your mess in seconds instead of spending 20 minutes or more racking and being on your knees picking up pieces of targets.

It's a great time saver!

Steve

sherm burres
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
We supply tarps at our skirmishes,14th Va. Cav. We have done so for years the 7x9 are a good size and Harbor Freight has them cheap.By the way we are celebrating 50years of hosting an annual shoot at the Old Saratoga Muzzleloaders this year come on up and celebrate we are having a party

Maillemaker
06-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Shoulda known you Yankees would have done it first. Darn better supply lines! :)

Steve

Joseph Plakis Jr, 00302V
06-20-2013, 09:26 PM
I don't think a Yankee team thought of it first. I belong to the Hampton Legion CSA and several years ago I purchased a "welders tarp" to put under the frame. The reason I selected a welders tarp the blue plastic tarps from harbor freight are extremely thin & flimsy. I thought that if you stepped on target material that was on the tarp it would rip. The welders tarps are heavy flame proof canvas (I did find out they are not bullet proof) and you do not have to worry about them blowing around.

The first relay that my tarp was there a team mate put a round through the tarp. This was followed by several other bullet holes over the last ten or so years years. The team just purchased two new tarps because my tarps were shot in more ways than one.

Joe Plakis Jr. 00302V
Hampton Legion CSA

Ron/The Old Reb
06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Got to have something to shoot at when there aren't any hats blowing down range.http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Edwin Flint
06-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Joe,

Don't you know us DEEP South folks think of any one North of TN/GA lines as Yankees!:p;) Or at least having a blue tinge.:p

Phillip Kearny
06-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Ed,
You've not forgotten about "Nickajack" and the "Free State of Winston" have you?
Phil