PDA

View Full Version : WTS: ARMISPORT Spencer carbine, .56-50

OregonBill
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
This is a virtually new ArmiSport Spencer imported by Taylor's in the closest-to-original chambering, .56-50. I have only put a few rounds of blackpowder and TrailBoss handloads through it and with bullets from the modified Lee mold (included) it feeds and extracts just fine and regularly drops those fat slugs in the black at 25 yards with a six-o'clock hold. Carbine comes in the ArmiSport hard plastic case with the modified Lee mold, at least 50 once-fired and virgin Starline cases and a set of Lyman .560-50 dies.
Need $1200 shipped for the whole outfit to help pay for a Uberti 1876 Winchester.

I am adding direct links as the photos for some reason are super distorted.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/BillOregon/IMG_0132_zpsf40627b9.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/BillOregon/media/IMG_0132_zpsf40627b9.jpg.html)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/BillOregon/IMG_0131-1_zps40509f5e.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/BillOregon/media/IMG_0131-1_zps40509f5e.jpg.html)

John Wells 3rd US
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Seems like similar items have been offered here at $950-$1000 on this forum. Uncertain whether they have sold at those prices.
I might be interested in that range. (Not at $1200). jwellsgnr@gmail.com

MR. GADGET
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Got to say the brass, bullets, mold, and dies are worth a few hundred on there own. Sounds like a good deal for what it is marked.
Don't forget he said shipped and that can be 30-50$ due to FFL transfer and insurance.

ms3635v
06-04-2013, 06:58 AM
$1200 is a reasonable asking price for everything offered in this package. The brass runs about $1.00 a piece alone. Looks like there's everything needed to start shooting. The carbine is in great condition.

Walt-MT
06-04-2013, 12:43 PM
I, for one, agree with the assessments above and will take it if still available!

PM sent sir.

Respectfully,
Wm Abbot

Firearms Historian - Nevada City Living History Museum, Montana Territory
National 4-H Shooting Sports Instructor
Alas, not an NSSA Unit Member

OregonBill
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Sold to the honorable gentleman from Montana. It is my pleasure.

mesabi
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Good snag! I was sorely tempted by this and had an "I'll take it" PM ready to go last night, until I thought about my current shooting projects backlog.

Eggman
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Congrats to you William. You're in for a lot of fun if you take up shooting this neat little firearm as I expect you will. We're hoping for our own Spencer team matches down the road here at the N-SSA nationals. Be sure to check out the Spencer Forum on CASCity.com for all types of great information on Spencer, much of the best of it provided by the N-SSA's Tony Beck.
I notice that you mangage Virginia City's "Living History" museum. I was wondering, if you consider the 25 to 35 miscreant lynchings the Virginia City vigilantes carried out, wouldn't a "nonliving" history museum be more appropriate? Just a thought.

Walt-MT
06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Gschnort!!

Lessee....The first fellow usually attributed to the Vigilance Committee was one Geo. Ives; after several days of trial in Miner's Court in pre-judicial Montana, he was convicted of murder by a jury of twenty four (yes 24, gotta be fair yesee) and hanged for the offense. No vigilantes involved. This weekend we will try him and hang him two more times and I can assure you he is very much Living History at the end of his rope!:cool: ( I am his harness rigger, he's very nice to me....):p

As for the other twenty six lives taken by the Committee of Vigilance in 1863-64 most (though quite not all) did "have it coming"; not always for the reasons stated in the books, but usually for good reasons from some action they had previously committed. Ain't history joyful?!!

And yes indeed, you can count on the Spencer seeing regular use ASAP. It fills a real gap in the Historic Firearms presentation. (Just need to create some blanks....Live rounds are frowned upon inside the museum for some reason.)

Signing off. Got to see a man about a hanging and then on to the Quigley Match in Forsythe, MT.

TTFN!
W A

Eggman
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Most interesting William. My gosh you're a blood thirsty bunch out there.