PDA

View Full Version : Used Brogans

Eggman
05-31-2013, 10:03 AM
These brogans are size 12 and are well broken in. They come complete with the delux horseshoes on the heels fastened on with sheet metal screws and still sufficient leather on the ball ends to keep your feet clean. They have a fairly fresh coat of black dye/leather treatment but will quickly weather in again to that hard core infantry marcher look coveted by our reenactor friends. Still sufficient leather tie strings to tie them on effectively. These shoes are over 20 years old which gives them the equivilant look of a year of Civil War campaigning. $100 ppd. to lower 48.

Don Branch 12592
05-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Can I buy just the left one for $50?

Eggman
06-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Good choice Don! The left brogan is actually the preferred one. I have a major carbuncle on my left foot -- the left foot big toe makes a 37 degree turn to the left leaving most of the inside right front of the brogan essentially unused. One little caveat, these brogans may have been size 11 when I bought them. My right foot is a size 12, but the brogans still fit fine, so technically these brogans are probably size 11-12.
I would however like to sell both, so let's wait a bit before I ship it to you to see if I get a bid on the right one.

RaiderANV
06-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I'll go $50 PLUS 5 Maynard brass for that left one.

Don Branch 12592
06-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Due to the infectious nature of Carbuncles, and the likelihood of drainage, I will need to reduce my offer to $5, 3 plastic Maynard cases, and a plastic whistle.

Eggman
06-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Don - I consulted my foot doctor and he said it is not an infectious carbuncle. He said the scientific name is "larbord shifting digital afloatus." It is simply the pathology of the big toe turning left. So I hope you will reconsider rejoining the bidding war for the left brogan.
I have attached a photo that hopefully will reencourage both you and PJ, and anyone else needing a brogan. I apologize for the photo. The camera seems to have a ghosting problem.

Muley Gil
06-01-2013, 07:56 PM
I think that little gremlin has a cousin that sells insurance. Just sayin'.

Don Branch 12592
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Upon further consideration I must stand firm at my prvious offer. However, if you are afflicted by "a sterbord shifting hallux" I would be inclined to reconsider an offer for the matching Brogan.

RaiderANV
06-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah,,,,,,,,with Don in this one Jimmy. That " infectious Carbuncles" just looks nasty. The residual effects hanging out the brogan is a real deal breaker. Consider this notice of withdrawal on that premature bid.

Eggman
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
With apologies to Don and PJ, upon my wife's advice I think I'll defer selling these brogans until the fall national. In the meantime I'm going to consult with an exorcist