PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: RWS Might Re-Introduce Their Wingless Musket Caps

Southron Sr.
05-21-2013, 12:59 PM
There is a rumor to the effect that RWS is considering re-introducing their Wingless Musket Caps. This would be good news because I sincerely doubt any American cap manufacturer is going to produce any new musket caps as the Obama Administration (in an attempt at backdoor "Gun Control") is signing huge ammo purchase contracts with all the American manufacturers, keeping them too busy to produce ammo for the civilian markets.

Anyway, the German made, Wingless RWS Musket Caps sold for $40.00 Per Thousand compared to $70.00 Per Thousand for their WINGED Musket Caps.

So, PLEASE send an e-mail to Dynamit Nobel (the owner of RWS) requesting that RWS re-introduce their WINGLESS MUSKET CAPS to the American market:

dynamit-nobel@novasep.com

MR. GADGET
05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
The reason I was told for the cheaper price on them was they were selling off old stock and that all the caps were made in the late 90's.

Was told that they did not even make any for over 15 years and it was all old stock sell out at the cheaper price.
So the question is, will the cost even be lower then the winged if they do return to the market?

Mike McDaniel
05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Very probably not. I'd settle for being able to get the regular strength pistol caps again, instead of that extra strength garbage that is designed for those wretched BP substitutes.

RaiderANV
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
It is factual. They were talked into making them by our gun manufacturers for our modern black powder hunting arms ans inline models. Then some genius came up they the 209 shotgun primer deal for them and the Germans got stuck. They were selling for $23 when winged was $65. You want to place an order of 8 million caps with yer own label on them and they'll gladly turn the machine back on at near the price as winged.

Jud96
05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I really do hope the RWS wingless caps make a return! I preferred them over their winged counterparts because the caps were smaller and the cap itself seemed more ergonomic and I can fit more in my cap pouch. They also worked great on my Gallager. I would pay the same price for them as I would winged caps just because I like these wingless a lot better!