PDA

View Full Version : Two original Maynards for sale

Brian
04-13-2009, 11:56 AM
1. Second Model Maynard Carbine serial 93xx. The rifling is good with some pitting though it shoots great. Was my first maynard in skirmishing and has brought me lots of enjoyment. No color case hardening left on reciever. Barrel is a worn brown and has correct front sight. Wood shows signs of use and has no cartouche left visible. Some play in barrel pivot bolt but common on these guns, especially with early serial #'s. Overall a great intro carbine for the maynard enthusiast. Ready to fire and sighted in at both 50 and 100 with peepsights. $1100.00 obo

2. Second Model Maynard Carbine. Fabulous rifling and light case hardening on reciever. Flash hole replaced with stainless insert and trigger is very crisp at 3lbs-3oz. Very nice wood with no large dents, rot, or damage. Missing saddle ring. $1550.00 obo

Lou Lou Lou
04-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Would you mind telling us who did the work on the flash hole? Several of us need to knoe where to take their guns. Thanks in advance

Scott Kurki, 12475
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I just got my Maynard back from Larry Romano (L. Romano Rifle Company; http://www.romanorifle.com/). I am very well pleased with the work Larry performed.

My Maynard already had a stainless bushing done by Steve Jensco in 1991 but Larry told me that another good way to effect this repair is by TIG welding the cavity and re-drilling it. You might want to discuss this repair with Larry. The phone number is (315) 695-2066.

Matt 2NJCAV
04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Lou
Talk to Harry Anagnostis he has done a couple flash holes for me and I think that was who did Brians.