PDA

View Full Version : New Williams bullet

Dave Fox
05-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Am going to try some of the "New Williams Bullets" from a .58 calibre mould I obtained from Greg Edington some years ago. I've a Colt-modified .58 Mississippi in which the .575s from my minie moulds are too loose to stablize well. Can anyone remind me of his recommended beginning powder charge and lube recommendations? As I recall, one wasn't to lube in the space between bullet and driving band. Thanks.

clowdis
06-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I think the starting load was 45 grains of 3F powder. A lightcoat of lube was recommended and you are correct about not overfilling the grooves, especially the one near the base of the bullet. Very accurate bullet!

ms3635v
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Is this Williams style bullet from Edington the "Wilkinson?" If it is the Wilkinson, the lube should be placed on the bottom band only and should be just .001" under bore size for best results. In a similar thread I posted a picture of a target that I shot using the Moose Wilkinson Mould and 40 grains of 3f.

ms3635v
06-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Here is a link to an article written by Greg Edington on the Wilkinson. It is most informative and answers almost any questions anyone has. http://www.civilwarguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=1&t_id=5