PDA

View Full Version : Sharps Carbine & Gallager Carbine for Sale

David B. Ball
05-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Sharps 1863 Carbine for sale made in Big Timber Montana .50 Cal. Excellent condition some blueing wear at the muzzle and near the barrel band other than that its perfect with a pinned blade front sight and legal slide with notch for the rear sight. Gas seal like new - legal trigger- ready to skirmish. Asking $1500 and I will insure and include the shipping. I plan on coming to the spring nationals but may have to work. All offers considered - trades for 2nd model Maynards considered as well. -----Gallager Carbine for sale barrel relined by Hoyt to accept Gallager Brass with the .515 Smith Bullet we all shoot out of Maynards and Smith Carbines. Barrel is Excellent - lock up is tight - it came with a crude rear sight that I took off and replaced with the original sight - no bluing left on this carbine I don't know if someone tried to antique it but there's no bluing other than the lock and some other parts. Good lock with decent trigger. Stock has lots of dings but could be refinished - no cracks etc. - most of the screw heads are mauled - and most of all I've shoot this carbine twice and it may fire 6 times in a row and not fire without using 2 caps - fire a couple of times and skip going off till you put a second cap on it. I have 110 pieces of Gallager brass that's included. I don't have an approval card. Asking $450 plus shipping I will bring to the nationals if I make it up there this spring. I can get a camera and post some pictures if anyone is interested in these carbines.

Dave Ball / 3rd Ga Vol -- email = ball3522@gmail.com

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-10-2013, 10:08 AM
I would like to see pic of the gallagher. Please send to scottnssa@aol.com Thanks.

David B. Ball
05-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Sharps 1863 Carbine for sale made in Big Timber Montana .50 Cal. Excellent condition some blueing wear at the muzzle and near the barrel band other than that its perfect with a pinned blade front sight and legal slide with notch for the rear sight. Gas seal like new - legal trigger- ready to skirmish. Asking $1500 and I will insure and include the shipping. I plan on coming to the spring nationals but may have to work. All offers considered - trades for 2nd model Maynards considered as well. -----Gallager Carbine for sale barrel relined by Hoyt to accept Gallager Brass with the .515 Smith Bullet we all shoot out of Maynards and Smith Carbines. Barrel is Excellent - lock up is tight - it came with a crude rear sight that I took off and replaced with the original sight - no bluing left on this carbine I don't know if someone tried to antique it but there's no bluing other than the lock and some other parts. Good lock with decent trigger. Stock has lots of dings but could be refinished - no cracks etc. - most of the screw heads are mauled - and most of all I've shoot this carbine twice and it may fire 6 times in a row and not fire without using 2 caps - fire a couple of times and skip going off till you put a second cap on it. I have 110 pieces of Gallager brass that's included. I don't have an approval card. Asking $450 plus shipping I will bring to the nationals if I make it up there this spring. I can get a camera and post some pictures if anyone is interested in these carbines.

Dave Ball / 3rd Ga Vol -- email = ball3522@gmail.com

Gallager Sold Pending Funds