PDA

View Full Version : WTB Springfield 1861 or 1863-Original is prefered. A good '63 barrel would also do.

dougstrong
05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello Folks,
I am trying to get into this hobby. I have uniforms but lack a musket. I just got screwed around by the guy trying to rip everyone off but I am sure he is not the norm in this organization so I am trying again. I am looking to buy a Springfield 1861 or 1863 and I would prefer an original if possible.

I own a beautiful 1863 in great shape but it has a hairline crack in the muzzle end of the barrel. A replacement barrel would also meet my needs.

I have $800 ready to go that I just got back from the deal that fell apart. I could probably scrounge up a little more but not a ton. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2kycav
05-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Well welcome to our sport.......sorry about your bad dealing.....you shouldn't have too much trouble finding what you want on here.....I will be looking for a good deal for you and let you know......

dougstrong
05-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I wish I could be at nationals. Since I am a high school principal I cannot get away during the school year. Perhaps I can send some money with a friend.

Scott Kurki, 12475
05-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Whitacre's Machine Shop has new barrels or what ever you need. Personally, I would talk to Dan Whitacre to see what he recommends. There are some other folks around too but I have experience with Dan and not the others. Dan is a very honest and good man that you can trust. I am not saying anything against others, I only have experience with Dan.Whitacre's Machine ShopQuality Civil War Musket BarrelsCivil War Era Enfield, Zouave, and Springfield Musket Barrels.519 Turtle Meadow DriveWinchester, VA 22602telephone: 540.877.1468email: DWBARRELS@yahoo.comWe have been making quality Civil War era musket barrels for over 30 years. In that time we have built an excellent reputation with the N-SSA. The accuracy of our barrels has allowed our customers to set new records in N-SSA marksmanship competitions and elsewhere. TestimonialsBarrels and sights are N-SSA approved!

dougstrong
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Whitacre's Machine Shop has new barrels or what ever you need. Personally, I would talk to Dan Whitacre to see what he recommends. There are some other folks around too but I have experience with Dan and not the others. Dan is a very honest and good man that you can trust. I am not saying anything against others, I only have experience with Dan.Whitacre's Machine ShopQuality Civil War Musket BarrelsCivil War Era Enfield, Zouave, and Springfield Musket Barrels.519 Turtle Meadow DriveWinchester, VA 22602telephone: 540.877.1468email: DWBARRELS@yahoo.comWe have been making quality Civil War era musket barrels for over 30 years. In that time we have built an excellent reputation with the N-SSA. The accuracy of our barrels has allowed our customers to set new records in N-SSA marksmanship competitions and elsewhere. TestimonialsBarrels and sights are N-SSA approved! I decided to go this route. Dan had a '63 barrel in stock and I ordered it today.