PDA

View Full Version : Some good uniform options.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
From one of our valued Sutlers and advertisers, the "Regimental Quartermaster."

http://www.regtqm.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=UNIFORM-2

http://www.regtqm.com/Basic-CS-Recruit-Uniform-Package-CS-p/uniform-3.htm

xring2245
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for sharing, Phil. Too many individuals and teams in the N-SSA look like gas station attendants or postal workers with the way they dress. $239.00 for a complete uniform offers no excuse to those who have a problem wearing the correct uniform. James

Muley Gil
05-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for sharing, Phil. Too many individuals and teams in the N-SSA look like gas station attendants or postal workers with the way they dress. $239.00 for a complete uniform offers no excuse to those who have a problem wearing the correct uniform. James

No kidding! I personally know of one team that DID buy postal trousers. At this past National, I saw a skirmisher wearing trousers that had had a stripe added down the seam. However, the Dickies patch was still there!

Come on folks, upgrade your uniforms. You can shoot just as good in a correct, period outfit as you can dressed as a Texaco Ranger.

xring2245
05-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Well said! I am not sure why skirmishers go out of their way to "dress down." I am also a reenactor and skirmishers get "the look" both ways from reenactors; respect for our shooting knowledge and ridicule for the way we wear our uniforms. Many reenactors feel that the way we dress is so disrespectful to the men who served and died during the war that we must be part of a circus. It would be nice if we can do it right instead of figuring out ways to embarrass ourselves.

Jud96
05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Haha well said everyone! Our team has noticed this problem for some time now. I'm proud to say everyone on our team wears wool and I feel like everyone else should too. The Regimental Quartermaster is a great sutler and will answer any questions you have. Their prices are good and their products are great too plus they're at every National so there shouldn't be any excuses for wearing Dickie pants and work boots.

Mike Stein
05-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Reenactors seem to take one of three approaches. 1) cheap 2) affordable facsimile or 3) BIRD (because its right Darnit). The old saying of Birds of a Feather is very much in evidence in looking at different units but there are some things you can do though your mileage may vary. Build and maintain your uniform with the same sense you buy or build your accurate musket. Encourage new comers to buy the better stuff the first time as it usually works better and lasts longer. Let them know up front that a uniform frock will cost the same as a nice suit, better and best made brogans will cost the same as a nice pair of dress shoes and you will probably have more opportunity to wear it then a modern dress suit or dress shoes. Most of us can't afford to buy it all at once and do buy it a bit a time. We are trying to remember and show our respect and pride for our forebears we publicly participate in our activities. I hope this helps in raising your units standards.

Fearless Frank
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
C & C Sutlery has some good deals for someone new to skirmishing.

grabenkater
06-25-2013, 09:35 AM
One of the best options is to do your research before buying and then haunt the classifieds on the re-enactor forums. You can find some top-notch gear there for the prices of new incorrect stuff. Spend a little time getting to know who makes the quality kit and you can find excellent deals with a little patience.