PDA

View Full Version : F/S Flintlock Repro

us1863
04-26-2013, 08:25 PM
For sale is a Flintlock Repro. Do not know the manufacturer or caliber at this point. Figured I'd post now and if there is interest will find out info and post here or reply to a PM. Maybe someone knows the specs based on the photos. Will set price when I know who made it. Can bring to nationals.

xring2245
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I am not sure who made it, but it seems to be a Japanese or Spanish import of lesser quality.

us1863
04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
The guy who bought the Brown Bess said it might be a Hi Point Minute Man, imported for the bi centennial. Any thoughts?

jaegerstutzen
04-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I lived in western NJ 'till '76 when I moved to the shore. There was a dept store called Lanco that had one on display, so the time period is right. I actually thought it looked cool at the time. The octagional to round stuck in my memory. I'm a thinkin it was priced around $125. Don't quote me on that at it is a stretch on this old dogs memory. Never saw another one 'till now. Good luck.

sharps1863
04-28-2013, 12:04 PM
It does look like a Minute Man flintlock, it should be a smoothbore around .60 cal, does the flintlock spark??? If it does it has been worked on. Most of them did not spark. The frizzen wasn't hardened enough from the maker. They came in from Japan in the early 70's. They also came in a kit and since the finish looks browned. More than likely this was a kit rifle. The factory metal finish was a black. Price ?????????

us1863
04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
It does look like a Minute Man flintlock, it should be a smoothbore around .60 cal, does the flintlock spark??? If it does it has been worked on. Most of them did not spark. The frizzen wasn't hardened enough from the maker. They came in from Japan in the early 70's. They also came in a kit and since the finish looks browned. More than likely this was a kit rifle. The factory metal finish was a black. Price ?????????

Several people think it is a Minute Man so will go with that in establishing value. One guy said he thought it was made by Hi-Point or Hy-Point. Did a search on Hi-Point and found only modern firearms. Will try Hy-Point next..

I too think it was a kit but not built by me. Will list it here as soon as I can figure out what it is worth.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

us1863
05-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Many people think this is a Minuteman musket. It may be, just not a Numrich Minuteman. Have seen photos of that musket and they are not the same. This is most likely a knock off from the centennial period. Have narrowed it down to a flintlock kit from the mid 70's but need the manufacturer to see what it is worth. Any thoughts?

Photos attached

jfuller
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Is this still available? and have you figured out who made it ? I would be interested in seeing it at nationals