PDA

View Full Version : 3-band and 2 -band english made parker hales for sale

captaincornfed
04-22-2013, 07:06 PM
I have one 3 band english made parker hale. Used condition but well taken care of, great shooter a real tack driver would be a great skirmish gun $575 shipping included

I have one 2 band English made parker Hale barely shot basically brand new condtion I think I have put maybe 25 rounds through it. I feel bad that its gathering dust so $550 shipped to you .

I'll be open to reasonable offers on these .

Scott Lynch 1460V
04-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Pm sent on the muskets

iron brigade
04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I sent a pm asking for pics, do you have any to send?

Scott Lynch 1460V
04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
I sent you a pm and an email last night, have you not received it? Scott call me 304-582-3977

captaincornfed
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
both are spoken for thanks for all who inquired

Bullseye54
05-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Howdy,
Do you have the tracking number?

captaincornfed
05-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Sent it to your email give me a call if you have any questions

Bullseye54
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Howdy Cap,
I have no tracking number in my mail... Bullseye54@sbcglobal.net ...
Tried calling your number tonight, but no answer...
Would you please send it again
Joe

captaincornfed
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Sorry I missed your call last night . I was already asleep. Sent it again.

Bullseye54
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't understand, you told me you were going to ship and still no tracking number... This is not the mail service, if you send an E-mail it is received .. I have received nothing.. it isn't in my e-mail, spam folder or any place else...
Just in case you have the wrong e-mail... it is Bullseye54@SBCGlobal.net

captaincornfed
05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
It was very nice getting to speak to you earlier today give me a call if you have anymore questions thanks

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I paid for these muskets via pay pal he did not ship as promised. He sent a Paypal refund which bounced. Now I am out $1,000 unless his refund turn out to be good.

captaincornfed
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I resent your refund about 5 minutes ago you should have it now

Bullseye54
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
What is the frigging tracking number??? Or did you send them at all????? You said they were going to be delivered Tuesday. I took your wod on this and then i see this on the threads.. Call me and straighten this out 203-314-1035....

nssa-admin
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Folks, it seems this guy generating some issues here, and so on recommendation of the Commander, I have banned him until he contacts us. I have done some online searching and haven't determined a real name, but you can email him directly at captaincornfed1@gmail.com.

nssa-admin
05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I have done some further investigation, and discovered (thanks to some info from a fellow N-SSA member) that this guy had not one, but 4 accounts here. I have banned all of them, and also banned his IP so that he cannot even come to our site now.

While I cannot get your money back for you, I can give you some info to pursue it yourselves. Seems this guy isn't as smart as he thinks he is. One of his accounts yielded info that I used to track him down.

His name is Joe. His store address is:

World Wide Gold Buyers
415 US Highway 9, Englishtown, NJ 07726
Telephone 877-702-3526

The email I have is joe@worldwidegoldbuyer.net
http://www.njgoldbuyer.net
http://worldwidegoldbuyer.net/

So those of you that have been ripped off, perhaps you can send a NJ N-SSAer up to scope the place out, and maybe get this guy to make good on his deals.

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Yea this guy is a total fraud. He posted that he had sent another e-check yeaterday and it was declined, again. So if anybody lives in that area and would like to stop by and pay him a visit that would be great. Maybe it is time for a roadtrip

cowrustler
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
When I saw this "worldwidegoldbuyer" name I recall this guy from some other site (or maybe it was here) but again it was one of those deals where the money is sent but no goods delivered. I would go to the postal inspectors pronto and hound them until they get something done. Assuming you sent your payment by mail, they have jusidiction. Maybe some jail time would speed delivery of the guns.

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
This guy no longer works at that place he was fired. His cell number is 732 690 5065 his real name is Joe Coakley or Coakly. The police are looking for him too as he apparrently has stolen gold and watches from people through the internet.

nssa-admin
05-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks Scott. I had just gotten a PM from another member, and he gave the same name. I have been wracking my brains trying to remember, because it sounded familiar.

Funny thing is, he is posting (and has been in the past) using the same IP, which I blocked. A search of the IP he used revealed this info:

IP Address Quick Report
IP Address: 173.3.222.138
Organization: Optimum Online
City: Wayne
Country of Origin: United States
* For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline (http://www.iptrackeronline.com?ip_address=173.3.222.138)

I have informed the hosting company he is using, and will also be informing the police. All who have been scammed by this person, if you wish to pursue your money, let me know, and we can put you in touch with those looking for him.

danajhanson
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Got me too.
Leason here is...DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH NON-NSSA MEMBERS!

DJH

nssa-admin
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM
He has a person who is also a poster here that knows him (Joe) and he just sent me this: I was able to get in touch with him and his family. He will have all refunds done by tommorrow afternoon but most will go out today. I got all the information from his Paypal on who gets what. So those he is sending today will go out in the next hour or so.

So if you don't get a refund today or tomorrow, please let me know and we'll pursue the next action.

Meanwhile I am looking into ways to make the For Sale area more robust to help this to not happen again.

jfuller
05-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Refunds that have been made are Scott Lynch,Bullseye54,Dana Hanson,and Doug Strong. All others will go out tommorrow. I'm sorry about all this . Joe has alot of issues and his family is trying to get him some help.

danajhanson
05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
To all the folks dealing with Captaincornfed, Ironmanrebel, Dropkickmurphy...A.K.A Joe Matthews, Joe Cokely The guy just refunded my money to Paypal...strange way of doing business!

Thanks to Vicky for her private eye work...hopefully this matter gets cleared up for everyone involved.

DJH

Maillemaker
05-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Good to hear that there is some positive resolution.

What some forums do is require a certain number of posts before you can post in some forums (like, say, the Classifieds).

Steve

Bullseye54
05-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm still waiting for my refund 994. sucker bucks.. This puke actualy called last night and said they were being delivered today and sorry for the mixup.. And his family is getting him help??? Take his phone and PC away and beat the daylights out of him to start..

I don't know who more disapointed, me or my son who I was buying these for.... Joe Niezelski, CT

Jim Mulligan 7288V
05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Bad deal. I have purchased from non N-SSA members on this board with good luck.

dougstrong
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
As jfuller stated above, I can confirm that I got my money back today. I am now back in the market for either a '61 or '63 rifle musket. I would prefer to shoot an original. Any leads would be appreciated since this guy turned out to be a bad guy. Please feel free to PM me if you have any ideas.

Bullseye54
05-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes I just received my refund to PayPal but it doen't clear for 4-5 days ..It can disappear at anytime... Make sure yours clears before you celebrate... This guy called me yesterday and said he shipped the Enfields already and will arrive Tuesday or W... Then I get a refund today with a note from him saying to resubmit the money to him when they arrive and sorry for the mixup.. He still is trying to scam people even after he was nailed... This guy needs jail time...

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I received a refund this afternoon in my Paypal account and processed it to my checking account. I'll let you know when I actually get it. Lesson learned on my part.

Muley Gil
05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I thought those prices were too low.

Kace
05-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Refund was denied by his bank. Have to wait 3-5 days till PayPal resubmits. Wonder how long this round robin will go on?

Kace

Scott Lynch 1460V
05-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Just a thought, maybe the wanted for sale portion could be read only if you are not an N-SSA member? I also think people who are members should use their real names and competitor numbers instead of nicknames. By the way Vicky thanks for helping to run down this person. Scott Lynch 1460v.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
05-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Scott,

Vicki is working on some sort of format like you describe.

And yes, she does a tremendous job monitoring the BB for us, and she has absolutely no tolerance for this type of bullsh%t. But the bottom line for everyone is "caveat emptor" and if a deal is too good to be true, well then it probably is.

About 6 years ago I got taken in a similiar situation here, fortunately not much money was involved, but it was a valuable lesson.

See you soon,

Phil

Bullseye54
05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Hello Vicky,
Along with his idiot message on his refund to return the money when the guns arrive.. Payment was declined by the bank from " Dropkickmurphy69 " Have the police been involved in this yet?
Joe Niezelski

jfuller
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
im posting the details of your refund . Your transaction ID is there you should check with paypal.

You sent a payment
Transaction ID: 0PP84802E8862520G (https://www.paypal.com/us/vst/id=0PP84802E8862520G)

::deleted personal info posted here::

rachbobo
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
This is a tricky point. A while back I bought a cut down 42 Springfield from a non member and the transaction went smoothly with no problems.
Lets not over react because of one conman's attempt at a scam.

Bill Cheek

medic302
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM
exactly, just because we are non NSSA members doesn't mean we are dirt bags. this low life scammer is a real douchebag, please don't lump us all in with him. just like NSSA members we are here because we have a passion for the civil war era/militaria and of course shooting civil war firearms. with all the credit given to NSSA memebers this is the best and most knowledgable place on the web with regards to the aformentioned. don't alienate us just because we aren't in the NSSA.thank you.

cowrustler
05-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Medic is right. Out here there is no organization to join. I just like owning and shooting originals and replicas of Civil War fiearms. i also have a fairly good library on the War. Membership is no guarantee just like non-membership isn't a red flag. If a person is a crook, he'll get a membership and go on from there.

Eggman
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Medic and Cowrustler - you are exactly right. Now medic - speaking as a native Iowegian, and you too Cowrustler, wherever you are, it's time for you guys to consider relocating in the South. Otherwise what was the point of that 1861-1865 affair? The Carolina and Deep South Regions love refugees from the frigid north.

Eggman
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
One last thing - Illinois guys, you need to recruit this Medic guy. Davenport is right on the border.

nssa-admin
05-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree that most non-members are perfectly good people. Please do not tar the 777 non-members who frequent our bulletin board (and might be future members if we don't act like jerks) with the same brush just because one turned out to be not so good. It is untrue, unfair and against the rules of this forum to sit here trashing them, so please stop. If you have an issue with a member of this forum, whether they are an N-SSA member or not, let myself or the moderators know. But do not go trashing entire groups of people, I won't allow it (and its wrong). And besides, N-SSA membership isn't any guarantee of good character. Jerks exist everywhere folks, and we've had our share too. So put your tarbrushes away and play nice, please.

As Phil notes, I'm doing what I can to make it so that won't be able to happen any more, though it will take a bit while I research solutions that ensure the highest security I can, (and I will be at Nationals all next week and NOT on the computer) but you also need to take reasonable precautions yourself. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

John Fuller is working to see that all who Joe took advantage of are taken care of. Let jfuller know if you still haven't gotten your funds, and he'll get you fixed up.

And by the way, I would, if I were you, thank this man. He didn't have to do this. He is not an N-SSA member, and he stepped up to make this right. Instead of bitching, how about working with him to make it happen? He will be at Nationals, you might want to go shake his hand, and buy him a beer (if he drinks beer). I know I will. He's been great. Man up and thank him for helping out and being a Good Samaritan. THANKS JOHN!

Going forward, if you're going to buy something for sale here, get all pertinent contact information from the proposed seller, regardless of whether that person is an N-SSA member or not. Ensure that you can reach this person via *phone*, not just in emails, talk to the person and get a sense of who they are before you commit funds. Don't send all the money until the product is received in a person-to-person transaction. If the person is honest, they will agree to a 50% down, 50% on receipt of product as described. If you use Paypal, pay using an attached credit card so you can dispute the charge if necessary.

bilge water bob
05-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I've never had a problem with non members. I don't have an issueWith dealing with any of these folks.

Maillemaker
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
If you use Paypal, pay using an attached credit card so you can dispute the charge if necessary.

This.

However, you might want to check with your credit card companty to make sure they will honor disputes if you go through a third party like PayPal. They may consider that they paid PayPal and that is the end of that.

Steve

nssa-admin
05-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Most paypal money requests have the 'don't have a paypal account, pay with your credit card' option, so it isn't going through an account. If you do that, then it is a cc transaction. However it is always best to know your cc company policies when doing business online.

Bullseye54
05-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually, 1k for a couple of used muskets isn't really a " to good to be true" deal .. I paid 575. with shipping from AZ for a English P/H Musketoon unfired in the box all paperwork from a "non member" last year.. I thought that was alot, others say it was a steal..
I have bought many items and weapons from members and non members on line... Almost everyone has been outstanding and honest... This is only the 2nd time with a problem on this web sight.. Both times with Non -members and visitors... The 1st time someone was stalling about sending a Colt I paid for.. After a talk on the phone, the check was returned. That was just a misunderstanding. But this guy...
I called this jerk " Joe Warren" several times asking questions, checked his home address on line, paypal informatiion.. Alot of e-mails back and forth... After talking on the phone i sent the money...
Sometimes no matter what you do, you get burned.. BUT, you can't blame the victem for trusting another person in making a deal.. I would rather buy face to face, it just isnt possable sometimes...He talked a good story even after his game was unraveling on the thread.. Even sent a refund to PayPal (it bounced) with a note saying, " Sorry for the mixup, the guns will be there Tuesday, then please resubmit your payment to me, Thanks joe Warren " .. This guy is dangerous..
So don't blame the victems of a crime, and this is a crime what he did.. And I would bet the farm this is only the tip of the iceburg as to what this screwball has gotten away with ... He should get a job selling used cars or become a member of Obozos Cabinet where cheating and being dishonest is accepted as normal behavior..
Joe Niezelski,

Muley Gil
05-08-2013, 08:03 PM
"I have one 2 band English made parker Hale barely shot basically brand new condtion I think I have put maybe 25 rounds through it. I feel bad that its gathering dust so $550 shipped to you."

"Actually, 1k for a couple of used muskets isn't really a " to good to be true" deal .. I paid 575. with shipping from AZ for a English P/H Musketoon unfired in the box all paperwork from a "non member" last year.. I thought that was alot, others say it was a steal.."

You got a steal. Check the prices for Parker-Hale muzzleloaders here and on sites like GunBroker.

Bullseye54
05-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I thought it was alot, but everyone says the same, it was a steal... I bought a P/H 2 band used but really nice shape 4 years ago for 675. off of gunbroker..
I hardley ever see P/H's on the board, and they are gone in hrs. of posting.. I just wanted a 3 band to make a 3 gun Enfield set... And my son wants to start shooting b/p ... It seemed like perfect timing.. live and learn.. I'm going to save a bit more and buy an original shooter or custom from one of the honest dealer here, a team member or face to face.. period.. ...
I got out of the hospitol today and I had a PayPal from the guy making good on this mess.. It was a blessing thaat he stepped forward to clean this mess up...This was to close for comfort...

iron brigade
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
you might want to check out pedersoli's line of muskets.

nssa-admin
05-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Joe, I am not blaming the victims, just saying that when buying online a person should use extra caution. There are a lot of people scamming on the web all over the world. If one doesn't take extra precautions then due diligence isn't being done, and the buyer is greatly increasing his risk.

This thread is closed. If you still need a refund, please contact jfuller via personal messaging here. He is handling this for Joe's family.