PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli 2 band enfield

slowfire
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Does anyone own, or at least had in their hands the new Pedersoli 1858 enfield. According to the info on Space Cowboy's video, the drop at the heel is a little greater, that might make it just the ticket for me. If anyone has had the experience of comparing this gun with a Parker Hale, or Armi-Sport, I would greatly value your input. I can not find one of these rifles anywhere within a 200 mile radius of me, in order to
look at/shoulder it.

Bill

William Schoenfeld, 1386
04-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I have the new Pedersoli Enfield and it shoots very well. It fits in your shoulder better than the Euro Arms and it is as good as the early Parker Hales. I use a Rapine old style and use 42 grains of 3 F Goex. Aim at 6 and it hits dead center. One thing you will need to do is bury the front sight into the rear V sight. At a 100 I just move the rear sight up to the beginning of the ramp and level the front sight with the rear V and aim at 6.

slowfire
04-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks Dutch, i think I am going to make the plunge, I f I can find one that is.

Bill

mikea
06-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Dutch-
Did you find that the land-to-land bore diameter is the .577 they have in the specs, so that a bullet sized .575 works?
The reason for asking is that Italian bore diameters have varied all over the place - would hope Pedersoli is an exception.
A friend new to N-SSA has one on order from Dixie so it looks like he made a good selection. http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

medic302
06-17-2013, 09:27 PM
cabelas sells both the 2 and 3 band pedersoli enfields about $100 cheaper than dixie. I have the 3 band and it shoots like a house-a-fire. personally i like 65gr 3F swiss and the moose .577 wilkinson. I have handled the 2 band pedersoli and like it just as much.

Maillemaker
06-18-2013, 12:27 PM
I just bought the 2-bander from a fellow board member here. I will report back on it when I get it and shoot it.

Steve