PDA

View Full Version : BB gun competition info

Jim Barber
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Anyone have a link for the rules/info on the kids' BB gun matches? I hate to be "that guy" who has to post a question to the board for stuff that's right in front of his face, but for the life of me I can't find it. All I can find is the spring schedule for the kids' matches. I know I've seen the rules someplace before. I have a potential 11-year-old competitor for the Fall Nationals. His grandpa bought him some kind of ridiculous Sigg Sauer .22 semiauto and put an expensive scope on it. Sigh. The boy needs to learn the fundamentals of open sights if he's ever going to amount to anything. It's neither here nor there, but good Lord is that thing a hoot to plink with! And the stock is adjustable for, um, really big kids to shoot it too. Anyway...

I need to know if it's BYODRR (Bring your own daisy red rider) and so forth, what the sign up period is, age ranges (I recall something about spring loaded/bb guns for the younger kids, then air rifles for the older ones?)

Thanks for any info!
Jim B.
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Jack C., 69th NY
03-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Jim,Youth Competition is in the rule book, Sec. 38, page 202. Link to rules is:

http://n-ssa.net/NATIONAL/RulesJan2013.pdf

Unit Adjutants have the required paperwork. Deadline for filing is April 1 or 2, if my memory serves me right. I hope this helps you.

Jack

Jim Barber
03-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Jack,

Thanks! Skirmisher training begins now!

Cheers,

Jim