PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Early all-British Parker-Hale M1858 2-band - like new

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, it's time to move on -- my shooting is moving in other directions.

I bought this rifle with good intentions back in 2005, but have never put a round through it. It looks as good as new, although I believe the previous owner did shoot it. Still have the original box, although it's a little beat up.

Serial number 22xx, indicating early British manufacture -- I think this was way back in the days when these were being imported by Sile?

Anyway, I paid the princely sum of $950.00 back then to have this one delivered to my door. Not being a greedy sort, I am looking for the same price today, and will include shipping and full insurance to a lower 48 address.

This piece is in excellent shape and would be difficult to upgrade. I wanted to post it here for a week or two before resorting to one of the on-line auctions.

Pretty much everyone knows what these look like, and mine is no exception (only nicer :) ) -- don't have any pictures taken, but could take a few if a seriously interested buyer would want to see any.

Lockplate marked "1858 ENFIELD" along with a crown over "P-H." Top of breech stamped with a British black powder proof (crown over "BP"), and barrel marked "Parker-Hale LTD Birmingham, England." Right side of buttstock stamped with a rondel: "PARKER HALE LTD." Yes, this one is the real deal.

100% shiny blue, no mars in the wood -- just a very nice piece, complete with rod. Don't let this one get away...

Please e-mail or me directly or IM me if interested.

TDavis463 at verizon dot net

You can also check out my feedback on GunBroker and GunAuction under "Tom in Pittsburgh."

Thanks.

Tom

www.vintage-gunlore.com (http://www.vintage-gunlore.com)