PDA

View Full Version : Custom Molds

Eterry
01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I've seen on here from time to time someone with a question about a custom mold, and one name comes up who makes reasonable priced single cavity molds, possible all metal. I think the person was in England, but not sure. Any idea who I'm referring to....or have I been drinkin the sour buttermilk again?
Thanks,
Eterry

hp gregory
01-30-2013, 06:53 AM
i think the gentlemans name is tanner but im pretty sure he only makes rounds ball moulds. he made one for my 6 bore rifle. its a brass mould thats pretty simple but it works well. hp

John Maderious
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
His name is Jeff Tanner. He makes a good mold, quickly and cheaply. Even though he is in England, I ordered a RB mold recently and paid via email; the mold arrived 5 days after it was ordered, and works great. Total cost for this brass mold was $56 including shipping. His molds have no sprue-cutter. I believe you can locate him by googling his name in the UK.

John Maderious WBR 10223

Pat in Virginia
01-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Eterry,

Are you looking for a round ball mould? If not, Mike Owsiak (856-596-0177 in the evening) makes some really nice brass moulds.

Eterry
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Pat, its actually for an aquaintance...he wants to load paper cartridges in his enfield and needs a smaller than usual minie...about .568 IIRC. I'll pass the info on, thanks one and all for the assist.
Eterry