PDA

View Full Version : WTB short rifle,musketoon or carbine

malachi
01-12-2013, 03:35 PM
I am looking to buy either a two band rifle, musketoon, or carbine. It must be a good shooter as it will be used not only in my impression but also to help deplete the surplus wild piggy population down here in Georgia. I've got money to spend!
God bless and keep you all,
Greg Tucker

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Need any help shootin pigs?

malachi
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Brother, we got plenty to go 'round now days!!

Bullseye54
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Those wild pigs any good for food? They must be good for something..

malachi
01-12-2013, 09:19 PM
The immature males or the females are more palatable than the boars. They (boars) are a bit too strong for eating to me.They stink inside and out! They might make good sausage. Lots of poeple give their kills to the local meat processors who inturn get the meat to families in need. I have known a couple of land owners who shot so many they just left them for the buzzards. Please understand their numbers have become staggering in places and the damage to land is something akin to carpet bombing. This is by the way completely legal and needed for population control and to minimize damage.
Greg Tucker

bilge water bob
01-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Road trip!!!!!!!!

WBR10654
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I hunted Wild Bore as a kid in Turkey, I actually never got one but I got a chance to taste it... thems-some good eating.

The way we did it was sit at one end of a canyon and have the pigs driven to us...

Seems to me that is what GA, FL, TX, and any other place that has this problem should do.

A big drive, kill a bunch of them and scare the rest away for a while...

DPB

RaiderANV
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd venture a guess any of ya'll drooling to kill some pigs make him a deal he couldn't say no to including a pig hunt and ya may just be in like Flint. Their are places down his way and Florida where wild pigs outnumber blood suckers. They take no time to destroy crops and farm land. Buddy of mines pays big money to go pig hunting every year and bring coolers full home. I haven't had a bad meal yet. Ribs can be small but dang tasty!