PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a drawing of a Ballard Rifle block

Timmeu
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
I have picked up a Ballard rifle in rimfire from the Civil War era. I am courious about how the Breechblock is constructed. Does anybody out there know of a description with drawings of this mechanism?

Thanks

Jack C., 69th NY
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
The best source of information on rimfire Ballards is John Dutchers book. Many photos and detailed text should answer many of your questions. If you have specific questions, ask away. There are quite a few knowledgeable Ballard shooters on this board that should be able to help you out. I am thinking that now that you have one Ballard, more will follow. :)

Timmeu
01-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Jack, I think I have a problem, this one is my second.........

Muley Gil
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
"Jack, I think I have a problem..."

Marty,

THIS is your problem-"A distant relative of Genl. Stonewall Jackson but a Strong Union Man!"

You ain't true to yore family!!! :D

Jack C., 69th NY
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Marty,
Step one to the cure is to acknowledge that you have a problem. Ballards Anonymous meets twice a year on Sutlers Row. The only real fix for this condition is another Ballard! :confused:

John Holland
01-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Jack will chair the next meeting of "Ballards Anonymous".

JDH

Timmeu
01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
While the General and I are related our politics sadly are conflicted. I have several other relatives from a different clan who died on the field of honor or as result of the hard times experienced by the American infantrymen of the period both Union and Confederate. These great souls served to preserve the union or to defend their states rights as they saw them. I participate in the N-SSA to remember all of them as patriots and men of conscience.

Marty